RHEUMOTOLIGIST SAID I COULD POSSIBLY HAVE AUTOIMMUNE HEPITITUS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sharon5650, Sep 17, 2003.

1. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

YESTERDAY I WENT TO MY RHEUMOTOLIGIST FOR THE FIRST TIME. HE WAS A GREAT DOCTOR, VERY EFFICIENT, DID ALL KINDS OF BLOOD WORK, ALL KINDS OF EX-RAYS, WE TALKED FOR AN HOUR, NOT LIKE OTHER DOCTORS, HE DID NOT RUSH ME OUT WITH A PRESCRIPTION. HE TOLD ME THERE IS A POSSIBLITY THAT I MIGHT HAVE AUTOIMMUNE HEPITITUS, AS FIBROMYALGIA IS A WORD FOR DEEPER PROBLEMS, ALL OUR SYMTOMS MUST BE DIAGNOSED AND TREATED, AND SOMETIMES IT TAKES PATIENCE AND A LOT OF TIME. AUTOIMMUNE HEPITITUS SYMTOMS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME SYMTOMS I HAVE, AND PLENTY OF US HAVE. I AM NOT SAYING I HAVE IT OR YOU HAVE IT. I AM SAYING IN MY CASE I HAD TYLENOL HEPITITUS 3 YEARS AGO ALONG WITH PHEUMONIA AND A SINUS INFECTION ALL AT ONCE. FROM WHAT HE SAID USUALLY FIBROMYALGIA IS CAUSED BY AN VIRAL INFECTION OR TRAUMA, THE INFECTION HAS NEVER BEEN REALLY TREATED PROPERLY AND IN MY CASE IT COULD BE THIS HEPITITUS VIRUS. DURING THE SAME I LOST MY BEST GIRLFRIED FOR 30 YEARS TO CANCER. I ALSO HOSPITALIZED MY 2 CHILDREN FOR TWO DIFFERENT REASON, AND JUST CAME OUT OF REHABILITATION FOR ALCOHOLIC ADDICTION, SO MY PLATE WAS FULL ACCORDING TO HIM. I AM NOW SOBER 6 YEARS AND SPEAK ALL OVER ON ADDICTIONS. THIS IS MY STORY, NOW I WILL WAIT FOR THE RESULTS, AND SEE WHAT IS NEXT, I AM QUITE SICK WITH MY FIBRO, AND BEGIN TO TELL YOU, AND I GUESS I DON;T HAVE TO TELL YOU HOW IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE. ANYWAYS AA, HAS TAUGHT ME ONE THING---TO LIVE ONE DAY AT A TIME---OR SOMETIMES ONE HOUR AT A TIME---AND ALWAYS USE THE PHRASE ---THIS TO SHALL PASS---AND REMEMBER WE ARE ONLY IN CHARGE OF OUR ACTIONS NEVER THE RESULTS-----WE LEAVE THE RESULTS OF TO A HIGHER POWER-----------------LOVE YOU ALL SHARON5650
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

It will be great if you have something that is treatable. Wanted to get this off the 2nd page in case others have input. You have certainly been through a lot, I wish you well.
  3. friendz4

friendz4 New Member

What is the difference between autoimmune hepatitis and any other hepatitis?
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

It sounds like you have a 'treasure' for a doctor! God bless that person for taking so much interest in your illness.

I sure commend for your six years of sobriety, what a wonderful accomplishment for you dear lady.

I have never had a drinking problem, but sure know others who had. Many didn't make it.

Keep us updated on your progress, I will be looking forward to hear how your doctor is going to treat you for the FM and the Autoimmune Hepititus. I have never hear of this before, did you get this from taking Tynelol? I have read that Tynelol was very bad for the liver with longterm use of it.

Take care, and do keep us updated.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. WorldFalls

WorldFalls New Member

I have been referred to a gastroenternologist because my doctor thinks I have autoimmune hepatitis. Somebody asked about the difference between regular hepatitis and autoimmune hepatitis...I'll try my best to explain that.

Hepatitis is an inflamation of the liver. It can be caused by many things. Sometimes a virus causes it. Sometimes medications, drugs or alcohol causes it. Sometimes the body's hyperactive immune system attacks it's own liver cells for no reason which then causes the inflamation.

My liver enzyme tests have been screwed up for years. They go WAY up and then they come down for a while...usually when I'm on prednisone for allergies. I've been tested for all the viral hepatitis's and since I don't use drugs or alchohol, then I don't have inflamation from those things. So my doctor thinks it's autoimmune in nature. Other than that, I know very little about it. I feel overwhelmed by all my health problems. I was referred to a gastroenternologist several months ago and have ignored the referral. I'm just not ready to deal with yet another health problem. I've been taking neurontin for two months and it's helped my pain. It's far from gone, but it's a LOT better than it was. I've cut my vicodin use in half and I just want to have some fun with my family. I don't want another health problem to deal with. I'm 33...I just want to be normal for a while.