Rheumy Appt. Today! AAGH!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Sep 20, 2005.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

So, in I go, just like I'm supposed to. He looks at me, says I have some arthritis, but mainly FM and there is nothing he can do. I almost choked, but as I really don't expect him to help me, I'm not upset. He did order some tests for serious, but rare diseases and said he would call me if there was anything abnormal. I don't expect a call. He had me make an appointment for 6 months, but unless he calls with some other news or suddenly changes his mind about FM, I'm not going back.

My PCP is a bright guy, knows about lots of things, and has even given me trigger point injections for headaches before. He is the one I think will help me the most. Not counting on this guy who hadn't evn looked at my exrays before I got there. He told me I didn't have arthritis in my back and I told him I'd been told I did. So, he said reluctantly that he would go look at them. There is some but it is minimal which was good to hear.

What a waste of time and money. At least I don't have anything too wrong...just hurt all the time. You all know the story. I have some other plans up my sleeves to talk to my real docs about...PCP and shrink...they are the ones who help me.

Ah, life. Glad I wasn't looking for any help from him. If I had, I would be one disappointed person, but after the first visit, I figured him out right away. Just don't want to go back. Don't have to unless I'm sick with something he considers serious. FM is not serious. Bah Humbug!

(-:
    Sue
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

The PMD is the one who seems to be the main person after a diagnosis.

What you describe seems pretty typical for rheumys. They are needed to diagnose as their discipline is the one that recognizes FMS, but from the diagnosis on . . well??? They usually will see you to run tests, etc. every 6 months unless more abnormalities show up on initial tests, etc.

It may be worth staying with the rheumy and seeing him every 6 months for the record.
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

I had seen a rheumy once, and she wasn't of much help

I have been treated by my PCP

I recently made an appt with another rheumy, just to rule out once and for all the Lupus and Lyme and Rheumatoid Arthritis

I think you were smart to go to the Rheumy though just to rule out anything the PCP might have missed

Good Luck