Rheumy in N. VA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BabiCati, Jan 16, 2006.

1. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

I am looking around for a new rheumatologist in the DC Metro area. Someone on this board once recommended Dr. Claudia Saba. I have made an appt. with her for next month, can the person who recommended her tell me if this recommendation still stands?

Also, any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Lourdes
    [This Message was Edited on 01/16/2006]
  2. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

3. ibisgirldc

ibisgirldc New Member

I use the rheum dept at georgetown U. Been fine for me...
  4. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

I will look into that...
  5. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

6. stillfighting

stillfighting New Member

Lourdes,

I've been seeing Dr. Walitt at Washington Hospital Center for the past 3 years. He started as a research fellow, specializing in fibromyalgia, and is about the most knowledgeable doc I know of in the area (and I've been through quite a few).

He will do a very thorough workup, and takes the time to listen to any concerns you have. For example, I will not take any drugs that have been on the market for less than 5 years because I want to know what the longterm effects are going to be if I plan to be on something longterm. He respects this, although he will still tell me about the drugs. He also allows me to e-mail him in between appointments if I'm having special issues with a treatment he's prescribed. If I need to come in, he'll tell me to make an appointment, but usually we can get small things resolved without having to make the trip from Dale City to DC.

Hilary
  7. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

Hilary, I'll look him up too. He sounds like what I need.

There is nothing worse than being sick and having a jerk for a doctor.

Lourdes