Rheumy is sending me to a phsychiatrist? SSD news.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shazz, Jun 25, 2003.

1. shazz

shazz New Member

He said they know all the drugs to help you sleep.
    OR maybe he just thinks I am flat out crazy?
    I am going to ask about a couple of drugs I have read about on here, but need something that will be cheap cuz I can't keep my insurance up for long either with no work.
    He also told me no way will I get SSD for Fibromyalgia, so now I am really freaking out. Although I have my phsycologist firmly in my corner, I guess we will probably go for it on the depression.
    Maybe he decided to send me after his receptionist told him what I said yesterday.
    I went into the office she said "may I help you"? I answered, "I have an apartment with Dr. Englebrecht".
    DOH!! I can't even use words right anymore.
  2. MtnDews

MtnDews New Member

Are you sure he didn't say Physiatrist? They deal with people with Fibro. I have a great one...and the rheumy sent me to her. Don't give up!
    H
  3. shazz

shazz New Member

Went there this morning, spent an hour, and got a script for ativan, and he wants me to do a sleep study, which I am NOT going to, it is not the thing to be asking when I am going to be out of a job next week. My insurance has a 1500 deductable and this would end up costing me over 1700.00 I just can't.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Get an atty. He or she will know which docs will support your efforts. These docs will help you build your case. If it were me, I would not go back to this rheumy as he will hurt your case.

Love, Mikie
  5. shazz

shazz New Member

They actually told me that my rheumy is helpful to them sometimes, he didn't really say he wouldn't help me, he just told me that I would not get it for fibro. But I will ask them if there is someone else I should be seeing as well.
    My rheumy said he knows of only one person in the state of South Dakota who has gotten SSD for Fibro. I hope he wasn't saying he would not support my case. Now I am freaking out again.
    I am not even filling out the papers without my lawyers help, and they are going with me to my appointment on July 08.
    Wish me luck, I have a feeling I am going to need it big time.

Hugs
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Have your lawyer put together a questionnaire which asks the doc to sign that you are disabled under the SS's own Listing 1.02. Your atty. should know what this is. If a doc says you are disabled according to the SS's own Listings, it's pretty hard for them to deny you.

You can also claim disability on the basis of depression. Having both is helpful in getting SSD.

Love, Mikie
  7. shazz

shazz New Member

I just hope all this works, I am panicking over the time it is going to take with no money coming in on my end.
    Thank God I have a hubby who works hard.
    I am writing this down to put with my papers I have gotten together so far.

Hugs.
  8. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Try not to worry about this dr. You said your lawyers
    said he was helpful.

He probably was just saying that he knows it is difficult to get SSDI based on FMS. It doesn't necessarily
    mean that he won't support you.

I think it would be a good idea to find out what his
    thoughts are on your particular case!

I have been on ssdi since 91 due to back problems.
    I had all the documentation, tests, drs letters, etc
    to back me up. I was still denied. My chiropractor
    told me that those with mental disabilitities get it
    in no time. I would definitely play up the depression.

I got FMS in 94. During one of my doctor reviews,
    I had to see an SSDI doctor. He let me read his
    info on me. My FMS doctor said that I had MILD
    FMS!!!!! He really doesn't know how bad I am.
    I always tell him I am always in bed and just too
    exhausted for words. However, I was probably not
    as bad back then. However, he has told me that
    I am doing well when I am actually one foot from
    jumping off of a cliff! I just do not know what these
    doctors use to base their opinions of us on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck,
    Lynn
  9. pj97305

pj97305 New Member

I am not allowed to give you the website in detail ... but I strongly urge everyone to go to the SSA site and look at Whats new .... follow the steps to enter your comments ... they are taking open comments from everyone re: they way they evaluate claims for people with immune system disorders ... but the open comments ends 07/08/2003
    pass this info on to as many as possible ... thank you and TAKE CARE
    pj
  10. Dara

Dara New Member

When I told him that I quit working due to the pain & fatigue, his comment was that he felt all people should be contributing members of society. Well no kidding!! I know that he would not have supported my SSD claim. Also, I did receive my SSD determination on Fibromyalgia. The ALJ listed all the other things that go along with it in making his determination, but my diagnosis was Fibromyalgia.

Dara
  11. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

"I have an apartment with Dr. Englebrecht".

Hey!!! I'm curious, how is that apartment????

Fondly, June
  12. shazz

shazz New Member

But for what they charge it certainly ought to be VERY nice.
    Hope I got to decorate it....LOL

13. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Now that was funny!!! :)
    Fondly, June