Rheumy told me i don't have FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hazygal, Jul 30, 2003.

1. hazygal

hazygal New Member

she can kiss my behind. She said fm patients hurt all over and I say I ache all over an have neck pain too. You all know we are all different... She also mentiond too that "and your phychiatrist name is what... The I got an other thyroid check on my blood. What'll probably happen is that was anothr waisted long trip to get in to his office. Why did i even go!!!!!!! cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
  2. averilpam

averilpam New Member

My GP diagnosed me with fm. He didn't ask if I wanted a referral to a rheumatologist, and I haven't asked.

I find the idea that if you have 11 points tender enough to pass their test then you have fm, but if you only have maybe 6 or 7, or even 10, then you don't have it quite ridiculous.

Unless someone can tell me I don't have it because they can prove it's something else, then as far as I'm concerned i have fm.

I don't have severe pain, I ache a lot at times and I get pain in various parts of my body, mainly my legs. Stairs and hills are the worst!!
    I don't accept that you have to have extreme pain all over to have fm. I just consider myself fortunate not to - and hope it stays that way.
    My doc is supportive, but I'm mainly looking elsewhere for treatment, at the moment I'm seeing a homeopath.
    good luck,
    Pam