Rheumy visit tomorrow- and i have lymes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aldejavu79, Feb 20, 2006.

1. aldejavu79

aldejavu79 New Member

Hi everyone,

Sorry that i haven't posted anything in a while but i've been feeling lousy. I tested positive for lyme on thursday, and now trying ot deal with the pain, and whether or not i have fm. For those of you that have lyme disease what meds are you on? Did yo seek a llmd or an id or a rheumy? My knee is swollen and i know the meds are way to low for me. My doctor initially diagnosised me with fm, so we shall see. ANy words of advice would be great, and i will let you all know what happends tomorrow at the rheumy!!

Allison
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

It is possible to have comorbid conditions, people here have many combo's. Just havibng one dx does not take away the other, so it is possible you have both, one may have caused the other, who knows? No one.

So good luck with your visit and hope all goes well.

Love Anne C

3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    I have lyme disease, and I take amoxicillin 875 mg, and ciprofloxacin 750 mg. I was on doxycycline but it is too hard on my stomach. I go to a FFC, my doctor is very good with lyme patients.
    good luck at the reumy!
    Kellyann
  4. aldejavu79

aldejavu79 New Member

5. sues1

sues1 New Member

bbbbbbbbbbump
  6. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I was diagnosed with Lyme last September. I previously had a diagnosis of FM from the prior year, although I have been in chronic pain for too many years to count.

I currently take Doxycyline, Biaxin, (generic on both of those) and Plaquenil. I have had to go off them because of an allergic reaction, which it turns out had nothing to do with these, but with the Elavil I had been taking for sleep. I have recently re-started 2 of the 3. Hurt like he**. Biaxin is also very hard on the stomach.

I have been seeing a LLMD. Neurologist or Rheumy did not seem helpful even with the FM diagnosis. They told me once I had the diagnosis that my PCP would manage my care. [This Message was Edited on 02/21/2006]