Rheumys diagnose CFS or just FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Mar 15, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Just thought of it after answering another post, it never dawned on me if Rheumys have diagnosed people with CFS, I hear them diagnose FM, but don't know if I've heard anyone getting the CFS diagnose from a Rheumy? Anyone knows? If I have read it, then blame my chronic brainfog- a thought last me as long as a bag of Cadbury chokolate eggs. ;)

2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Really!

I finally got my referral to a rheumy myself, I told my doc. I don't buy the old RA diagnosis by my previous doc. and he saw me at my worst last week. I heard so much good about this rheumy, and hopefully he is the one who have diagnosed people with FM (and CFS?) since I have heard there are a few in town. This town is SMALL, and he is the only rheumy, and the docs in town are not all that good. Mine seems to be pretty good, though, bless his heart!
    My doc suspects CFS, I guess he want to see what the rheumy says,,,Finally, after all those years I may get my CORRECT diagnosis.
  3. KelB

KelB New Member

CFS was first given to me as an interim diagnosis by a Gastro-Enterologist. He referred me to a Rheumatologist who confirmed it as CFS. The Rhuemy happened to have both CFS and FM as pet subjects in addition to his usual specialities.

I think it just depends if you can find a Rheumy who's interested enough to do some research and take on patients who are bit off-the-wall.
  4. kch64

kch64 New Member

The Two rheumy's I've been too, diagnosed both for me. They both said I had FM/CFS.

They consider it the same disease, even though here on this site, some don't.

Enjoy those cadbury eggs (smile).

Kendra