Rhuemmy thinks it is Lupus-poopus

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by judywhit, Jun 26, 2003.

1. judywhit

judywhit New Member

I was just getting used to the fms diagnosis and they go changing their minds. actually she said that now that i have developed a rash along with a slightly elevated ana, crp and sed rate she is leaning toward auto immune disorder such as lupus. She did however say that the two are very closely connected and she always asks about rashes in her fms patients. She also said that she puts her fms patients that do not get relief from nueronton on plaquenil. So I start that today. wish me luck- i hope i can tolerate this drug. she said it will help with the fatique.
    judy
  2. kgg

kgg New Member

It is probably hard to change gears, but I hope they are able help you more. -Karen
  3. hazygal

hazygal New Member

although your illness is not... The loopus poopus thing cracked me up...
  4. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I guess we are just one BIG puzzle. Will be thinking of you, hope you do well on the medication. June
  5. jka

jka New Member

i've been on plaquenil for 16 yrs.it has really helped my lupus.there are side effects-but what drug doesn't!hope the plaquenil helps.

kathy c
  6. sharie

sharie New Member

Hi Judy,

I was diagnosed with fm about 4 months ago, but have had lupus for 16 years. My rhuem put me on plaquenil even though all my labs were normal and it does really seem to be helping. I feel so much better than before. It does take some time to start working, about 4 weeks before you will notice any results. I was also given some good advice about how to take it since it caused me much nausea and stomach upset. If you are going to take 400mg, take one in am with food and one in pm with food. That seemed to help me alot.
    Good luck, I hope that it works for you!
    Sharie