Rhummy Visit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by selma, Oct 2, 2002.

1. selma

selma New Member

I'm soo upset. The Rhumy told me that he doesn't do these tests, or doesn't think I need them because I didn't have the right symptoms like a miscarriage. The tests I wanted are for:
    Lupus, Lyme,B.Borgdorfi, ISAC Panel, PCR, IGF, GHRH stimulation, Babesia, Mycoplasmia P & Mycoplasmia Fermentans, & EBV. Please, don't ask me to explain them just do a search.
    I know that years ago I had a very very high EBV result and was told that It didn't matter since there was nothing I could do for it. The dr. said that when I learn to accept it I would start to get better. He said that he is a scientist-A Doctor and doesn't agree with alternative medicines. Like the tests are alternative medicine.
    Yesterday I had a bout with IBS-D and all the blood drained from my head. And, I had PROFUSE sweating. It was like a pitcher of water was dumped over my head and kept coming. The cramps were bad as you all know. I was lucky that my hubby was home. He brought me my pills don't remember the name but same as Imodium and atropine. I took two. Thank GOD I got better. The Dr. told me that I might be sweating because I stopped my prempro. And I should go back to who gave it to me. My GYN. For my stomach he told me that since all neg. findings by a Dr.,
    I had IBS (DUH). Just accept it. My rhumy is the only one in this area to take my Insurance plan. My PCP is one of the few that also accepts this Ins.. And, he thinks that there is no such thing a FM/CFS.. I don't know what to do at this point. ANY SUGGESTIONS ????

Love to you all, and Huggs, Selma
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2002]
  2. selma

selma New Member

I'm soo upset. The Rhumy told me that he doesn't do these tests, or doesn't think I need them because I didn't have the right symptoms like a miscarriage. The tests I wanted are for:
    Lupus, Lyme,B.Borgdorfi, ISAC Panel, PCR, IGF, GHRH stimulation, Babesia, Mycoplasmia P & Mycoplasmia Fermentans, & EBV. Please, don't ask me to explain them just do a search.
    I know that years ago I had a very very high EBV result and was told that It didn't matter since there was nothing I could do for it. The dr. said that when I learn to accept it I would start to get better. He said that he is a scientist-A Doctor and doesn't agree with alternative medicines. Like the tests are alternative medicine.
    Yesterday I had a bout with IBS-D and all the blood drained from my head. And, I had PROFUSE sweating. It was like a pitcher of water was dumped over my head and kept coming. The cramps were bad as you all know. I was lucky that my hubby was home. He brought me my pills don't remember the name but same as Imodium and atropine. I took two. Thank GOD I got better. The Dr. told me that I might be sweating because I stopped my prempro. And I should go back to who gave it to me. My GYN. For my stomach he told me that since all neg. findings by a Dr.,
    I had IBS (DUH). Just accept it. My rhumy is the only one in this area to take my Insurance plan. My PCP is one of the few that also accepts this Ins.. And, he thinks that there is no such thing a FM/CFS.. I don't know what to do at this point. ANY SUGGESTIONS ????

Love to you all, and Huggs, Selma
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2002]
  3. selma

selma New Member

(((((((((((((((((Me)))))))))))))))))))
  4. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Hi Selma,
    Have you given one of the brochures provided by Pro Health to him? If not, you might try it. There are names of doctors included in this brochure who are well known throughout and that might be a cause for him to sit down and read up on Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue. Otherwise, I recommend getting a new doctor. I travel 200 miles round trip to Tempe to see a Rheumatologist who, in my opinion, is extremely educated in these diseases and she takes many insurance plans.

I wish you luck, Sweetie. I know how frustrated you are right now. Try to have a relaxing evening.

God bless,
    Deena
  5. selma

selma New Member

GOD bless you. I didn't think of giving him the brochure.

I will tomorrow. 200 miles is a long way to go for me,

but I see your point and will change now that you said it.

I'll see what he does once I give him the info.

Thank-you so much.

Love and lots of huggs, Selma
  6. fibolady

fibolady New Member

see different doctors? i couldn't believe the misery you have been put through. will your gyn help with your ibs and other problems (cfs or fms) there is a lot you can do yourself for the ibs, maybe do a search when you feel better. i suffer also from the ibs and it is horrible to have an attack, i am glad your husband was there to help you.

just one thing for the ibs that has helped me, the fibertablets you buy at the drugstore, fiberchoice. just eat 2 a day. they have been a big help especially since i can not tolerate any bulking agents. drink lots of water!

warm regards, fibolady

7. PMangels

PMangels New Member

I just want you to know that I sympathize with you. I have IBS too and it is not pleasant at all and I try hard to keep on a regular basis. The cramping and pain can be horrendous at times. I hope you can find a doctor that will listen to you. That alone would cause anyone to get all nerved up and have cramps. I just don't get it with some of these docs. I think they need to find a different line of work.

Surely there would be more places except your insurance plan. Would your rheumy know of one? Your GYN? Could he help you? Maybe call your insurance company and see if they can give you some names. Sometimes these insurance companies have certain doctors they work with. Just a thought. Have to start somewhere.

In the meantime I hope you can find some relief. Keep us posted on your findings and take care. Arlene