Rib Cramps

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Yucca13, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

I just read in one of the messages regarding socializing that dLizard doesn't go out much because of rib cramps. I have had those off and on for a number of years and they are excruciatingly painful. Once they attack, it is always questionable how long they will grab you and once they have you in their grip it can be quite embarrassing to moan and groan!!!
    Do others have those damn things? I've thought of them as muscle cramps and will sometimes take some potassium, magnesium/calcium thinking that the lack of those minerals may be contributing to them coming on.
    Sometimes while in the car I will twist slightly in such a way that the cramping starts. Just from a simple movement!!
    Makes me very upset and hurts so much on top of the "normal" everyday pain.
    Any info on this topic would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Yucca13 - Val
  2. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

I just read in one of the messages regarding socializing that dLizard doesn't go out much because of rib cramps. I have had those off and on for a number of years and they are excruciatingly painful. Once they attack, it is always questionable how long they will grab you and once they have you in their grip it can be quite embarrassing to moan and groan!!!
    Do others have those damn things? I've thought of them as muscle cramps and will sometimes take some potassium, magnesium/calcium thinking that the lack of those minerals may be contributing to them coming on.
    Sometimes while in the car I will twist slightly in such a way that the cramping starts. Just from a simple movement!!
    Makes me very upset and hurts so much on top of the "normal" everyday pain.
    Any info on this topic would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Yucca13 - Val
  3. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

They're the absolute PITS! The one that gets me most is when it happens right over the sternum. Feels like someone grabbed my heart and is wringing it! There is ALWAYS a brief moment of fear, thinking it's a heart attack!

I haven't found any solutions yet, but still looking.
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace all Grievances
  4. honey

honey New Member

I've had those cramps for ages now and thought it was only me its nice to know that I'm not the only one.
    I hate them it hurts so much and it doesnt take much to set it off. Like both of you I havent found anything that helps if I do I'll let you know asap as I know how you feel.

Wishing you happy and bright days

Luv
    Lyn