Rib page, hurts to breath

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Pain has been increasing for the last few days. This morning I felt like I was gonna cry. Ribs hurt really bad.

My daughter also has FM. We are both suffering right now with rib pain.

This is tough.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

sorry to hear both of you are suffering.

Im not sure whats going on but this winter my ribs have been killing me. now i know i'm not alone! theres even a name for it!

have you tried a heating pad? or the gel you rub on for pain?
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I was also going to suggest that it could possibly be costochondritis. My sister-in-law developed costochondritis last year and was told that it is very common for people with FM to get it. It can take a year or two to clear up once you have it. My S-I-L is unable to work now because of it; before she was able to work even though she had FM.
  4. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I haven't been able to work in a long time mainly due to taking care of my special needs daughter but if I had to work I don't know if I could. FM has really done a number on me and my daughter. My daughter has applied for disabiltiy benefits. She was turned down twice but an attorney is appealing it.

I have heard of costochondritis. I think if it isn't any better soon I will go to the dr. I think the motrin is gonna help for now,

Thanks everone.
  5. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

I would think this is defo costochondritis!

I have had it quite a few times over the years and it is soooo painful....like having a heart attack!
    Not much you can do but rest and let it dissapear when it is ready to go,
    You both have my sympathy.