rib pain and lots of little lumps everywhere

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by onesmileymyley, Jun 8, 2003.

1. onesmileymyley

onesmileymyley New Member

HI to all, It has been a long time since I have posted but as some of you know I am expecting my 6th child and have been in alot of pain for the past few months. I have posted this question before but wanted to know how many suffer from this? I have the rib pain and it hurt's but what on me does not hurt these day's. I also have ton's of little lumps that are small but you can feel them when you touch my ribs and tummy. The one's in between my breats hurt real bad but the one's in my tummy are bigger and I was told that they are scar tissue from my c-section from my 5th child and that from having so many children caused alot of fatty stuff in their as well. I am not a big person so it is not because I am overweight. Sometimes I wish I were that way I would not be so bothered by these lumps that are all over my 30 year old body...i used to go into the doc. all the time and I was sure it was cancer invading my body and I think he thought I was a quack....haha
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 06/08/2003</i>]
    FlatPat likes this.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I can't answer your question about those lumps, but you post was on the second page.

So I am bumping it for you so maybe someone can help on Monday morning.

The boards are slow on the weekends, but pick back up on Mondays.

You take care of yourself.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. lmlynley

lmlynley New Member

Greetings,

I have had fibromyalgia for 11 years and began getting terrible rib, chest pain about a year ago. I have been to the ER twice with these symptoms and was told that it was a spot flareup. I take vicodin 10 which helps a bit but it is still worrying. I do deep breathing exercises to help with the anxiety levels. Beyond that I have little to offer other than empathy.

Warm Regards,
    Lauren M. Lynley
  4. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Have them too. Especially in rib cage and stomach on right side. Supposedly it is accumulation of phosphates in cells.
  5. RedB

RedB New Member

about the Trigger Point Therapy workbook. It is an extremely helpful book for a lot of those lumps you have.

Also, if you have insurance and can get a doctor to write you a prescription for physical therapy, some of the lumps can be released by a professional.

Good luck,

Kathy
  6. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

I can totally understand the rib pain. My last flare started on April 13th and NOTHING was helping. Then I found out I needed surgery on my ankle. Was very worried I would have trouble using crutches but to my surprize when I woke up from the anesthesia, my rib pain and lumps were gone. OMG, I am so relieved. The lumps are knots in my muscle spasms, sorry I have no answer, just hopes for you that it will go away.
  7. onesmileymyley

onesmileymyley New Member

wondering how many more of us have lumpy bumpy ribs and tummies
  8. 2girls

2girls New Member

My muscles are SO tense 24/7. I am very thin, yet I can still feel the lumps & bumps especially in the stomache (rock hard and not by choice).

2girls
  9. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I get rib pain and lumps, it flares on and off. My fibro seems to move around so much, that I'm not sure where it will hurt when I wake up each morning. My doctors call my rib pain costo chondritis, but I think it may be just trigger point pain due to having MPS. Not much to do other than heat or ice, pain reliever and time to heal.
    Tania
  10. Gemma505

Gemma505 New Member

Hello! I know your post is from 2003! But I'm really interested to know if you've found any answers yet? As I'm having a very similar problem! For me it actually started with stomach issues - which I've been to the doctor about and I'm currently on the waiting list to have a scope. Anyways one night i was laying on my bed in pain holding my belly and i noticed a little lump on my ribcage and with further examining i found LOTS of little lumps in between my ribs, on my ribs, between my stomach and my ribs and i actually have a few little ones on my collar bone? So i went to the doctor about it and he sent me straight off to have an ultrasound, and the lady doing the ultrasound seemed to think because I'm quite small and don't have much fat surrounding my ribs that it is cartridge poking out from between my ribs?? &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Also last night my stomach was quite bad I was very bloated (five months pregnant bloated) and noticed that my stomach was VERY hard and had lumps scattered through it also! &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I wonder could my stomach problems and my lumps be connected?&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
  11. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Stomach problems, lumps, rib pain etc, can be symptoms of a chronic Bartonella infection. It can be spread by cats, fleas, ticks, etc.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Of course you should see your Dr to rule out other serious problems.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    You can read a little bit about bartonella on pages 24-26 of this paper:&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf
  12. Babs41

Babs41 New Member

It's possible that the little bumps are lymph nodes.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Babs
  13. Gemma505

Gemma505 New Member

I was actually thinking lymph nodes! I've looked at a lymph node chart and it seems to be right in the areas I have lumps! &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Also when my stomach bloats I can feel lumps in there also, they feel quite similar to the ones in my stomach! &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Still waiting for my scope so I guess ill have some answers then hopefully! &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
  14. FlatPat

FlatPat Member

Hi. I noticed little lumps all over my chest area and along my ribs about 12 years ago. They started when I was going through a particularly stressful time at work and my mom had just died too. I went to see my GP and he sent me for X Rays and I had a mammogram done to rule out anything "major", but he immediately said to me they're caused by stress and called them fat nodules. They're definitely more painful when I'm stressed...which is just about all the time! He said there's no cure and when they're really painful, I should drink a painkiller. They're sometimes so bad that I have no idea which side to lie on when I need to sleep. They're not hard lumps, but you can feel them when running your fingers over the areas and sometimes you forget they're there. However, when they're painful, you know exactly where they are! I've just learnt to live with them as stress is part of my hectic work life.
  15. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

have you looked up lipoma? I have some large one (fatty deposits) and they are painful. It is usually inherited so anyone in your family have these also? Usually they come when you have been bruised or bumped hard. I've got a large one on my leg where I kept running into the side of a dresser. A large one on my back where I kept using a tennis ball to take away the painful area. I used to go for acupuncture and she always worked with needles in that area. She did shrink it a little. My grandfather had them all over his arms and my son has one on his back. He first went to doctor to see if it was cancer....nope lipoma. He remembered that was where a backpack used to hit him.
    FlatPat likes this.
  16. FlatPat

FlatPat Member

I've read up about that. Thanks. It sounds like it could be that, except that the article I read says it's not painful, but it is and sometimes it's very painful. Also, these are all along the ribs and upper chest. When I was very young, I used to bruise easily and got haematoma's quickly, but those were on the legs and arms. I don't have any of these small lumps there at all. I try to manage stress levels in order to keep the pain away as the level of pain is definitely linked to stress-levels for me.