Rib pain mostly in the back and lower back

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hormonal, Dec 4, 2011.

1. hormonal

hormonal New Member

Unusual amount of rain this year, alot of mold, is my guess. Anyone from the dry Southwest with this same condition?
  2. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

I am not sure if this is from the fibro or if perhaps when we have done heavy lifting or what but I am going thru some of this same thing.
    Only I had a guy hug me and a day or so later my lower left rib felt uncomfortable and it just does not go away.. Been to the Drs 4 times for it,. She referred me to the Chiopractor and to someone that does muscle testing..
    It was on my left side and now it feels like It is working around on my right side just under the rib in the front and kind of feels like when I sit or bend over sometimes that there is something there.? Not sure if this is what You are experiencing or not..
    Mine isn't painful. just a uncomfortable feeling.. whatever it is .. when I sit its like a roll of muscle or a ligament just kind of bulges out..
    One of my best friends, She has MS and she went thru this back last Spring.. had all kinds of tests and they from what she has said.. they don't know what it is? She kept massaging it and she said one day after a few months or so.. it just kind of went away.. but mine has been since this past April...

I am sorry that You are going thru this.. oh as to the back pain.. I always when this weather changes.. it feels like I am I guess You call it llike stiff as a board.. and that is thru out my back...... I just keep using the rice pak for my microwave and take Ibruprofen when I can.. My tummy doesn't always tolerate that so I only use it when I absolutely need to..

Good luck with yours and I hope You can get some relief from it..
    Sending healing hugs,
    [This Message was Edited on 12/05/2011]
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Should be checked out by the doc if they persist just to be on the safe side. Wishing you good luck.

Love, Mikie