rib pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twitcher, Sep 21, 2006.

1. twitcher

twitcher New Member

Is rib soreness a common fibro symtom? I have areas that hurt all the time, they are sore to touch.
  2. Cathy4thCB

Cathy4thCB New Member

i don't know how common it is, but i too have pain in the rib cage area, including under my arms and breasts. the only thing that helps me is massage. i use a hard ball. hurts worse than the pain of the trigger point but feels better afterwards.
  3. Line

Line New Member

I have Fm and costo and get terrible rib pain, in under the breast, my upper chest, the underarms and back. I get it so bad I cannot stand clothes on, it seems too hurt more. For three days I had it in under my breast straight through the breast up into the shoulder and down the blade. Every movement I made it hurt more. I get quick zapping pain with this also.

Been getting this for years. I have sore spots all over. We do have a lot of trigger pints in the upper chest, but the pain could be radiating from who knows where.

You are not alone. Hugs, Linda
  4. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi there,

I used to have severe rib pain to the extent that it hurt to breathe when I first got dxed with fibro. Luckily, the pain lessened, and I don't have it much if at all anymore. Sometimes it comes back a little bit though if I over-exert.

Fibro can give me pain in all kinds of weird places, including my ribs, jaw, under my arms, and even my toes! I do the Guai Protocal, so my pain is much better than it used to be, but it's still there sometimes. I hope you get some relief. Sometimes gentle stretching and warm baths or showers help me out.

All the best, Erika
  5. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

I have it. First I thought it was my esophogus because I have acid reflex. Then I was having such horrible chest pains they checked my heart. It was fibro....geez...that cost a bunch......
  6. Doober

Doober New Member

This does hurt and actually happen to me yesterday. Right in the middle of the chest. Can't bend down to pick anything up either because the pressure being force down makes it feel worse.
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

twitcher:

I have rib pain, too. I do not think I can identify one place on my body that does not hurt!

nyrofan