Ribose 200 grams

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Sep 7, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

The ribose I have is 200 grams powder.. which sounds like a lot.. Those of you who take it is this an average dose.. I am so in the dark on all these supplements..

Thanks,
    gg
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

Is there a difference between D-Ribose and Ribose? I have googled and have read to take around 5 grams several times a day.. Mine is 200 grams and to take 1/2 teaspoon 3 times a day.
    I am wondering is there 200 grams in my bottle and a 1/2 teaspoon equal to about 2 to 3 grams..
    Been reading on the bottle and my brain is not getting it..
    Sorry, I am in a fog...
    gg
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Ribose and D-Ribose are the same thing, and the 200 grams should be the entire bottle......5 grams is a typical dose.......usually people take one or more doses total over the course of a day.....it is better to divide it into a couple of smaller doses, rather than take 5 grams all at once, though
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thanks, that is what I thought but my brain never works anymore.. I am not sure I like the "stuff" or not.. I think I am taking 3 grams 3 times a day or suppose too.

gg
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

My jar of d-ribose (which is the same as ribose) says that 1 teaspoon = 5 grams, so you're right, 1/2 tsp. equals 2-1/2 grams. I take 1/2 tsp. five to six times a day.

My doctor says it has a very short half-life, which is why it's important to take it in several smaller doses throughout the day, rather than a couple of larger doses.

Mary

6. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thanks mbofov .. I have been having my first dose in my coffee of the morning and honestly I can't tell it has helped at all, if anything I think it or something is making me more exhausted..

One minute I am so weak I think I am dying then I might perk up a little but this past year I have gone down hill so fast that I am mainly home bound and bed ridden.. Its so discouraging as doctors haven't a clue.. I would love to find one that understands even though they can't fix it..

Hugs,
    gg
  7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

when do you go back to the naturopath? You said before that she (he?) said your adrenals were very weak. That can cause severe physical weakness - it happened to me.

I strongly suggest you ask the naturopath about using an adrenal glandular product like Drenamin or Drenatrophin PMG, both by Standard Process, both very good products. It made a world of difference for me when my adrenals were wiped out. And if your adrenals are wiped out right now, d-ribose may not be the best thing for you now. If the main cause of the fatigue is your adrenals, d-ribose won't fix it.

When I took Drenatrophin for the first time, I had to take about 3 times the dose recommended on the bottle because I was so weak, but oh, it helped so much. I felt a difference within a couple of days.

Take care -

Mary