Ribose and Dr Teitelbaum and Canada

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tamsyn, Nov 9, 2005.

1. tamsyn

tamsyn Member

Hi! Have you read today's newsletter with the interview with Dr Teitelbaum? He's been my FMS 'hero' for couple of years due to his comprehensive approach. I see he is now recommending ribose. But wouldn't you know it? In Canada this is not available. However, I am using Ambrotose which is a mixture of glyconutrients. Does anyone know if Ribose is also a glyconutrient? If so, maybe I'm already getting the benefit from the Ambrotose. Or do any Canadians know of a way to get Ribose here?
  2. starla06

starla06 New Member

Don't know if Ribose is a glyconutrient but it is good for you. I drink the tea. I also take ambrotose which has helped me greatly. If you are taking it don't stop it. When i stop it temporily my pain intensified.

If you get Celestial Teas you might look for madagascar Vanilla red. It has Ribose in it. I did find ribose tea in my health food store. Other than that you might on on line to celestial teas & see if you can order some teas.

I hope you find some soon. Sorry i can't help out. I too have read his book & am working on his approach.

Lea Ann
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Ribose is available from Pro Health. If it's legal to bring into Canada, it's very easy to order from there. I'm just not sure why it's not available here.

Kathy.
  4. sami

sami New Member

my rheumy startyed me on CORVaLEN, which is the ribose plus magnesium, i can not find it now... wanted to read the label for you....i couldn't take it, because it gave me the runs big time...i just had my gall bladder out and redoing my diet..but he also had some that was just the ribose,...i would try that...ask the dr for samples!!!!!! my doc gave me a whole bottle to try...
    just ask...
    good luck
  5. leomonkey

leomonkey Member

I doubt you are still looking for ribose but I did get some in Canada from my local health food store. The company that supplies it is called New Roots Herbal and it can also be ordered online.

http://www.newrootsherbal.com/pages/product_detail.php?prod_class=49&prod_recipe=P257A
  6. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Can any of you supply us with the dosage he recommended?
  7. leomonkey

leomonkey Member

I cannot find the specific information on Teitelbaum amount listed. tamsyn said it is recent so it is not a surprise he does not have it on his website yet.

https://www.endfatigue.com/home.nsf/Basic?OpenFrameset&Frame=main_frame&SRC=Editable+Documents/Treatment+Protocol?OpenDocument

From Dr. Susan Myhill
    D-ribose 15 grams (the raw material to make new ATP)

http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/article.cfm?id=373
  8. Bambi

Bambi New Member

I have several containers of green tea in the cupboard because I forget I have it and buy more. I will look
    for this new one and see what develops or undevelops. LOL! Thanks!
    Bambi
  9. jess

jess New Member

Hi, Ribose is a sugar. I have been taking Corvalen now for about 7 months. I only take one scoop a day instead of 2. It works for me. It stopped those awful palpitations I was having everyday. It did however raise my blood sugar to a higher level then it was . It was still normal though. I also take coq10, and l carnitine and magnesium. this is the Sinatra Solution. He recommends it for heart problems, fibro and Cfids. I only notice results with the palpitations. I am grateful for this improvement. It's made by Valen labs, but I know they sell ribose here which is probably just as good. Jess