ribs and feet pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Peacelearning, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Peacelearning

Peacelearning New Member

I have unrelentless rib pain and most recently very painful feet. Is this r/t FMS? My feet seem to do better when I am up and walking. But if I sit or especially after I "sleep" I can hardly walk. Pain is around my heals, on the exterior sides and ... really all over. Pain is very bad in AM when I have "flares". It comes and goes and but asts sometimes for weeks. Is this familiar to anyone?
  2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I don't have the rib pain but I do have the problems with my feet, mostly my left foot. In the mornings I can barely walk on it. I have been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis in that foot. It is always worse after sleeping or sitting for awhile. Sounds like it might be what you're experiencing.
  3. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I am with you on the rib pain - I was diagnosed with Chostochrinditis (sp?) and you might have it too. Seems with FMS it is common. It is inflammation of the rib cage and it is extremly painful. The first time I had it I thought I was having a heart attack since it was on myleft side. I find that warm heat and Tylenol help it somewhat but more often then not I have it.

Regarding your feet, you could have heel spurs. Another painful malady with no cure.

Good luck, Nancy
  4. ggks

ggks New Member

Rib pain. For me, I have rubbed on many different things. I found that Sports Creme works best.

Foot pain. Sounds like Planter fascitis. I get a milder case quite often. And, Yes, a person will do almost anything to make it better. Whenever I sit down I turn my foot up and stretch out my leg as far as I can. I also use a strip of old fabric or a belt, put it around the bottom of my foot/toes and pull back. Hurts like blazes but I must pull back and stretch that muscle that goes all the way across, lengthwise, under my foot. ggks
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I think I must have extra ribs or something. Doc tells me it is pain that radiates from the diaphram that gets the pain from the colon.....

Whatever, it is horrible pain. Mine is gone today yet ling4ering on the left side low down on the ribs. Yikes.

Love Anne C
  6. Bambi

Bambi New Member

ankles are the worst. Sometimes they get so stiff after sleeping or sitting that I literally have to hold onto the walls at first, or use a cane until I get going for awhile. I have Arthritis too and I think that's a part of it.

As far as bone spurs they can make you shoe forms that tke the pressure off your heels and as a last resort they can do surgery. My mother in law had them badly and got over it with the forms.