Rice Packs.......................feel great for 20 min's

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sisland, Apr 8, 2006.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi All
    my mom made me a rice pack along time ago and i still use it today!! she's gone now 3 years passed away with alhziemers. very sad to watch it happen to some one you love!!........................................................anyway she took a reguler size bath towel and sewed it into sections and them filled them with rice ! not to full so the rice has room to move around...........................................you put it in the microwave for 3-5 mins and put it wherever it hurts....................I know we all hurt thaught this might help some !!!.....................................................god bless sisland bump
  2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

How nice, your Mom still comforting you.......

June
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Rice Packs - the greatest thing since sliced bread!
  4. catmom50

catmom50 New Member

Feed corn from the local feed store. It smells so good when warmed (like popcorn). I just cut up fabric in whatever size/shape I want and fill 3/4 full. Zap in micro for 2 minutes and then I just relax..Wonderful. Even the grandkids love them. I take mine to bed with me at night wonderful- for cold toes. Hubby and I use ours almost every day/night. They sit by our chairs.
    I have made lots and lots of them for family and friends. Everyone should have one!!!
    Enjoy yours, either rice or corn or flax..
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Hello again

thanks everyone for responding!! I got some new ideas also!! barley,feed corn,flax too! my regular heating pads that i buy always stop working after a short while .............. so this is a great alternative! sisland Bump
  6. catmom50

catmom50 New Member

For a great smell, or any spice you might like, how about cinnamon? Cloves??? With the feed corn, it smells so wonderful you don't need to add to it.
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I made one of my fiance's sock. Men's socks are a good size.

YOu can also use small socks or half a sock for pocket warmers in the winter. Or use your rice sock for a foot warmer in bed in the winter.

Jeanne
  8. starla06

starla06 New Member

I use 2 bed buddy's at work which are rice. Been thinking about making some since these cost about 10.00 each. Had not thought about the corn or flax seed. May even get some rice that smells good. These are wonderful. a lot more convenient than heating pads.
    Lea Ann
  9. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I did use my sock right away, and it felt heavenly. I'd been putting arnica on the nape of my neck area, but it wasn't helping as much as usual, sometimes Traumeel cream helps more, but I'm out. I've been out all wknd and I'm detoxing which is always extra painful from MCS.

The relief was longer than 20 mins, because I just kept reheating my sock. Made me nice and sleepy too. I think I'll use jasmine rice next tme for the scent.

Jeanne
  10. gwheezy41

gwheezy41 New Member

Put some dried Lavender leaves in rice bag, has a calming effect and smalls real good too, also cinnamon sticks crushed a little or dried orange peels mmmmmmm! Virginia