Rich Methylation/Insomnia?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Scapper, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Rich: I know this question is a bit vague, but I thought I'd give it a shot and hope you can take a stab at it.

Have you come across people who's insomnia got worse while lifting the methylation cycle block?

Would you happen to know why this occurs....or a possible direction to take this problem?

[Sidebar:] I started the simplified approach back in March. I quickly developed the worst case of yeast I've ever had......3 months later.....I'm STILL treating yeast!

My insomnia went from horrible to impossible. I have a total inability to sleep, regardless of medication.

Could you possibly point me in a direction that I could bring to my doc? He does not have a handle on the ins and outs of the methylation cycle (and all it entails), however he continues to try. He is stumped (as are most docs) by my insomnia.

I appreciate any thoughts you may have!

2. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, scapper.

I'm sorry to hear about your severe insomnia. I'm not able to give advice about individual treatment unless a physician is directly involved, but I will give you some general information that may be helpful.

Insomnia has been reported by several other people on the simplified treatment approach for lifting the methylation cycle block, also. Sometimes anxiety comes along with it. I believe they are due to excitotoxicity. I don't yet understand the biochemical basis for the increase in excitotoxicity when the methylation cycle is supported, but this has been observed in autism as well as in CFS. Dr. Amy Yasko has incorporated treatments to control it in the so-called "step 1" of her complete treatment program. This is discussed in her book, "The Puzzle of Autism."

She suggests a variety of supplements to control excitotoxicity, including GABA, theanine, magnesium, taurine, pycnogenol, and some of her RNA formulas: Nerve Calm RNA, Stress RNA, and Health Foundation RNA. She offers all of these on her website, but I don't think I can identify it here, according to the board rules.

I hope this information is helpful, and I sincerely hope that your sleep will improve.

3. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Thank you so much for responding.

I've taken just about every supplement under the sun at this point (and meds), but perhaps I'm missing "something."

I'll take a look at Yasko's site again and comb over it for clues before my next doctor's appointment.

If (and when) you get to the root of the biochemistry involved as to why there is an increase in excitotoxicity during the lifting of these blocks, please do let us all know.

Thanks again.....Scapper