Rich or anyone - CAPTOMERE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Manwithfibro, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Rich, I am on day 5 of Captomere and all hell has broken loose. Gosh darn it. What is happening now? Is it a mad release of toxins? Is it heavy metal overload? It is telling me something, but what? I am so exhausted dealing with this stuff.

Thanks
  2. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, Manwithfibro.

I'm very sorry about your continued suffering, both from the doxycycline treatment and from the Captomer (DMSA) treatment.

The fact that Captomer causes an unpleasant response suggests either that your body contains a significant amount of sulfur-binding heavy metals, or that your body is not able to tolerate sulfur-containing substances.

I continue to believe that it would be helpful to determine which toxins are present in your body before trying to detox them. Is it possible for you to have some testing done to find out?

For example, a non-chelator provoked urine toxic elements test would give you information about the toxic metals that might be present. Given your history of being exposed to well water that apparently contained a variety of at least inorganic toxins, based on what you have reported here in the past, I think that would be a good test to start with.

Here is a place where you could order this test:

https://www.directlabs.com/OrderTests/tabid/55/language/en-US/Default.aspx

I would suggest getting the Doctor's Data "Toxic and Essential Elements DD Kit," which costs $178 at this site. This is a urine test that you could do at home and send the sample directly to the lab with the mailer provided. No doctor's order is needed. They will send the results directly to you by email or by postal mail if you prefer.

I really think it would be a good idea to find out what you are dealing with before trying to detox.

Best regards,

Rich

3. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, Tim.

You might be interested in reading this:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?13094-Apheresis-feedback

This is written by a woman in Germany who is undergoing hemapherisis,which I described to you in a post some time ago. It is quite expensive, but in intractable toxicity cases, I think it may be the only way to go. It may be available in toxicology clinics in the U.S.

Best regards,

Rich
  4. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Sure seems like Lyme is the issue when Doxy blows me up. I think it is a combo of lyme and bad detoxification pathways. (they aren't working right).

Stuff is frustrating. Feels like there is no way out.

Take care
  5. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Have you heard of it? My son is now sick as well (age 12). We seem to have the same detox issue, I believe. We both hurt in the same areas in our body. He seems to be responding to doxycycline somewhat and propanolol as well. Without an anti-biotic, he is really sick. Wondering if this cellfood would be good for both of us. Wish I had a better breakdown of what is in it, but the claim is that it has nearly every single amino acid/enzyme etc....

Thanks TIM
  6. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, Tim.

I'm sorry to hear that your son is now sick, also.

Yes, I've heard of Cellfood, but I don't know its composition. The CellFood website doesn't shed much light on that. I guess you could try it and see if it helps you and your son.

Best regards,

Rich