Rich V: LifeWave Nanotechnolgy Patches Glutathione Booster

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elisa, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

RE: LifeWave Nanotechnology Patches - specifically the Glutathione Patch.

Hi Rich,

I have been reading Suzanne Somers newest book called "Breakthrough" (fasinating) and there is a chapter on nanotechnology patches that have various health effects. The patches are positioned on certain meridians and use energy to produce their results. In particular I wanted you to know about the following "Y-Age" Patch that is a glutathione production stimulating patch and also includes a carnsoine patch - one alternates use of each every other day.

Their energy boosting patch has been widely well rec'd - and is used by athletes and Olympians. They also offer pain patches and sleep patches (Disclaimer: I am not affliated with company - just looking for solutions for my problems with all the above.)

The inventor David Schmidt has worked with the Government to help soldiers with endurance issues. Because it uses acupuncture points and nanotechnolgy - it is criticized by many.

They clain a 300% increase in Glutathione. According to their research supps only can increase it 10%.

Theorectically if this is in fact true - it maybe can help the CFS/FM population.

Here is info from the company:

Glutathione Booster

In as little as 24 hours of wearing our Glutathione boosting patch most people are able to experience elevated levels of Glutathione, the body’s master antioxidant. Glutathione is so powerful that it is able to naturally detoxify the body, strengthen the immune system and turn back the hands of time with dramatic anti-aging properties. In fact, numerous people have reported that their skin has become more radiant even within a few days of use.

These results have never been available before LifeWave. Our Glutathione boosting patch is much more powerful than any other method of elevating Glutathione levels.

FACTS about Glutathione and its benefits in an anti-aging program:
    Glutathione is a material that is found naturally in the human body As we age our bodies levels of Glutathione start to decline, necessitating the need for supplementation Glutathione is the master antioxidant and plays an important role in our overall health
    As we age our body may accumulate toxins; Glutathione protects the body from many toxins we come into contact with every day

As we age we are subjected to numerous heavy metals, in the food we eat and the air we breathe; Glutathione is known to rid the body of heavy metals such as Mercury
    When we exercise our body uses up its stores of antioxidants; Glutathione is known to improve athletic performance and to help us keep going longer
    As we age our immune system becomes weaker; Glutathione can keep the immune system functioning at its peek.
    There are other Glutathione supplements on the market, but clinical research shows that common Glutathione pills, powders and drinks can only elevate blood Glutathione levels by little more than 10% in 30 days.

Because LifeWave technology is capable of triggering metabolic changes within the cells, our Glutathione Booster has been clinically shown to elevate your blood Glutathione levels by over a whopping 300% in just 24 hours!

A double blind placebo controlled study was performed to independently examine the effectiveness of the LifeWave Y-Age Glutathione patch in being able to elevate blood levels of Glutathione over a period of 24 hours and several days. Baseline data was collected for all subjects; the average Blood Glutathione levels for all individuals was an average of 2020 umole/L as displayed by the graph on the left ("Normal" value). After 24 hours of using the Glutathione patch, the average blood Glutathione levels of all individuals was 7326 umole/L. This means that within 24 hours of using the Glutathione patch the average increase in Glutathione is over 3 TIMES HIGHER than normal. The graph on the right shows how over a period of 24 hours blood Glutathione levels increase dramatically for LifeWave patch users versus not using the LifeWave Glutathione patch.

Blood Glutathione levels have been identified as being one of the most important indicators of our overall health. As the master antioxidant in the body Glutathione has a range of diverse metabolic functions including acting as a free radical scavenger, “recharging” depleted antioxidants back into their active state (Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, etc.), maintaining the immune system, supporting protein structures and removing heavy metals such as mercury through the liver.

Present methods that attempt to elevate Glutathione levels are not very effective. Oral supplements of Glutathione are destroyed by stomach acids. Glutathione is a tri-peptide composed of three amino acids and adding these amino acids to the diet does not guarantee elevated levels of Glutathione. Injections of Glutathione does translate into elevated levels of Glutathione in the blood however this method is undesirable on a daily basis, is expensive and inconvenient.

The LifeWave Y-Age Glutathione patch is a new way to dramatically increase Glutathione levels in the body on a daily basis. Our clinical studies show that the AVERAGE increase in blood Glutathione levels over a 24 hour period is a remarkable 3 TIMES HIGHER than normal. Our patch technology makes elevating Glutathione levels convenient, effective and safe.

Carnosine Booster
    For centuries human beings have searched for the elusive fountain of youth. But what if the answer to vibrant health and vitality could be found within our own bodies?

Carnosine is a naturally occurring nutrient in our bodies whose production declines with age. Clinical research on Carnosine has produced some amazing and dramatic results including the knowledge that Carnosine may be the principle nutrient for keeping the body young as we grow older. In fact, numerous people that have used our Carnosine Booster have reported remarkable improvements in wellness and physical performance even within a few days of use.

These results have never been available before LifeWave. Our Carnosine boosting patch is much more powerful than any other method of elevating Carnosine levels.

FACTS about Carnosine and its benefits in an anti-aging program:
    Carnosine is a material that is found naturally in the human body
    As we age our bodies levels of Carnosine start to decline, necessitating the need for supplementation
    Carnosine is an antioxidant and plays an important role in our overall health
    Studies on Carnosine show that it can protect the brain from plaque, one of the causes of Alzheimer's disease.
    Studies on Carnosine show that it protects our DNA better than any other nutrient
    Carnosine has the unique ability to turn old cells into young and healthy cells!
    Carnosine is known to accelerate wound healing through repair of connective tissue
    Patents have been issued for using Carnosine to improve athletic performance; this is possible because Carnosine helps to prevent the build up of lactic acid in our muscles
    There are other Carnosine supplements on the market, but clinical research shows that common Carnosine pills, powders and drinks can only elevate blood Carnosine levels by trivial amounts in 30 days.

Because LifeWave technology is capable of triggering metabolic changes within the cells, our Carnosine Booster goes to work right away and is effective even within the first 24 hours of use!

Let me know what you think. I will be trying them soon...

God Bless,

[This Message was Edited on 09/22/2008]
  2. Elisa

Elisa Member

3. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Rich,

I just found this paper that explains the technical nature of these patches - in essence, how they work...

4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

This looks interesting, to say the least. Of course it could all be hooey, but I would be very interested to hear Rich's take on this.

I glanced through the paper you referenced and have a vague idea of what they're talking about. It's a little strange - several times over the last several weeks I have come across the notion of quantum physics and electromagnetic fields. Or maybe I'm just reading more.

Anyways, I would be very interested to hear about your experiences when you try the patches. They are a little pricey, but if they really do boost glutathione levels significantly, and if glutathione really is a major factor in CFIDS, they might be worth it. I wonder if the levels stay boosted or if you just need to keep using the patches?

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

6. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Mary!

I sure hope they work too - but I've been hopeful for many things - but I always try...

They offer the glutathione patches (with or without the carnosine patch) and what is really great is they offer other patches/products I'm interested in too - a pain patch, sleep patch and energy patch.

I've seen the energy patch on athletes - like David Beckam and a few basketball players - so who knows until I try them!

If they work I wlll order all of them and try them and report back.

Thanks for your imput!!!!

God Bless,

[This Message was Edited on 09/23/2008]
  7. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, elisabeth.

I wish I could tell you that I completely understand how this stuff is supposed to work, but I don't. I do think that the writeup on the website by Steve Haltiwanger is one of the better ones I've seen in this area. It at least sounds plausible.

There are quite a few things happening in this "energy medicine" area now. I have watched Dr. Lee Cowden demonstrate both the Asyra and the Zyto machines, and the laser homeopathic treatment that he uses with them. They are said to operate on a similar principle to that described in Haltiwangers article. Dr. Cowden claims that these machines are able to help him to diagnose a wide range of conditions, and I believe that he is an honest man. I know people who have been helped by Rife therapy, one of the early "frequency" type treatments. So I believe that there is definitely something to this stuff, but I don't completely understand how it works.

I don't know exactly how these characteristic frequencies relate to the molecules in the body that are claimed to be excited. Are they frequencies of the natural vibrational modes of the molecules? I also don't know how something in a patch next to the body could impart electromagnetic waves of some characteristic frequency into the body. Do the molecules of some substance in the patch synchronize their molecular vibration so as to put out a coordinated signal? If they do, it must be quite small in amplitude. And if it is, how does it have an impact on the body?

And assuming that there are characteristic frequencies associated with various molecules in the body, how does one determine them?

And how does the interaction with the cells occur? Is it via receptors in the cell membrane?

I think this whole area is fascinating, and I wish I understood it, assuming it's for real. I'm keeping an open mind about it at this point. I've heard enough things from sources that I think are reputable that I can't just discount it, but until I think I understand it, I'm reluctant to recommend it to people, too. So I have sort of a dilemma about it right now.

I guess I haven't been very helpful in this response, but at least you know where I'm struggling. If you try this, I'd be interested to hear how it goes. As far as glutathione is concerned, so far I think the problem with glutathione in CFS is that the methylation cycle is blocked. If this technique could help to get methionine synthase going, then I could understand how it might help the glutathione level, but I don't know whether it does that.

Best regards,

8. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Rich,

I so appreciate your opinion...

I will definately let you know when I try the patches.

It is fasinating stuff and the combination of these energy frequencies and acupuncture points and meridians - maybe it can help.

I really liked Dr Holiwanger's paper - although it was long - very interesting possibilities.

I need to try new things whenever they resonate with me - to try to keep my hope a float.

Thanks for your scholarly help and kindness!

God Bless,

[This Message was Edited on 09/23/2008]
  9. simonedb

simonedb Member

I did a search on forums regarding that dr. H and found this, it has another take on the validity of the research and is pretty amusing too:

it goes on for 3 years, I read the first pages and then the last couple but it does sound like its a scam, if you read p. 231

if something is too good to be true....well

too bad though I was psyched initially when I started this thread as I just saw a show about Einstein the other day and it got me thinking that there must be something similar with healing as with his and faraday's discoverings around light[This Message was Edited on 09/23/2008]
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I find this info fascinating on the patches. Wish I could help but I know nothing about them. I plan to look into them, though.

Rich, you mentioned the electromagnetic frequency machines. I did a bit of research on them before I bought my Hulda Clark zapper. It seems that everything has it's own destructive frequency, including humans. The defense dept. has looked at weapons using this technology. Pathogens have their own discrete frequencies at which they will destruct. The Rife machines have a whole array of such frequencies which can detect pathogens by the response to frequencies. Those frequencies can then be used to destroy the pathogens.

Zappers use more of a "shotgun" approach with one frequency which will destroy a lot of pathogens. Zappers cannot be used to diagnose because they only put out one frequency; however, one can buy chips which will cause zappers to produce specific frequencies. For me, it boils down to basic physics.

From a practical viewpoint, my zapper has been successful. If I use it in the manual mode for 20 mins. or more, it will produce a Herx or Herx-like respons. I use it in the programmed to help keep the pathogen load down. Zappers cannot reach pathogens deep inside body tissue; they work in the bloodstream. There are more powerful electromagnetic machines which promise to destroy pathogens deep inside the body's tissue. I am not convinced that these machines are safe, so I stick to my zapper.

Love, Mikie
  11. simonedb

simonedb Member

Mikey-I would be curious what you think of that link I provided, there is info discrediting dr haitwanger (sp?) there as well as this from last year, if you get a chance let me know what you think of the points at that forum.

I read suzanne somers book on hormones and found it quite intriguing and even tried BI hormones, unfortunately for me I can't tolerate them, but I think they help some, perhaps this time she has wandered too far out there?

I love the idea of quantum healing etc, but I don't want it to be coming from snake oil peddlers, I don't know if that is the case here but it seems possible based on info at the hoax cite:

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008
    In an interview with Suzanne Somers David Schmidt claims (quote) The light enters our eye and travels through the optical nerve around the center of our brain into the pineal where it is filtered and then travels through the rest of our bodies. (end quote)
    In fact:
    1- Light does not travel the optical nerve, only nerve impulse do.
    2 - There is no "light filter" in the pineal.
    3 - The pineal gland is activated to produce melatonin—the sleep hormone, when NO LIGHT penetrates the eye.
    4 - There is no network from the pineal gland to "the rest of the body"
    Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008
    When I saw how excited the Lifewavers were getting about Suzanne "ThighMaster" Somers and her new book, I had to at least make an effort to alert the media about this fraud. So I wrote to several of the vacuous phony news shows she was booked to appear on and told them:

"Suzanne Somers will be appearing on 'The Early Show" Friday morning to promote her new book, 'Breakthrough: Eight Steps to Wellness'. One entire chapter of this book talks about and promotes 'Lifewave' nontransdermal nanotechnology energy patches, developed by one "David Schmidt", and sold through an Internet-based multilevel marketing scheme.

I would recommend that you do a simple Google search on 'Lifewave David Schmidt' and review what you find there. David Schmidt has zero background in any field of science (let alone "nanotechnology"), his various patches have NEVER been independently tested by anyone, the U.S. Patent Office rejected his patent application, and he is nothing more than a charismatic MLM con artist selling placebo patches that do NOTHING.

While I am quite sure that Ms. Somers has the best of intentions, she has been duped much like thousands of others and her book and your show will be promoting a blatant MLM scam based on a fraudulent and phony product promoted by a fast talking snake oil salesman of the worst kind. Do your homework - perform the most cursory due diligence - and please don't be a party to enriching this false prophet and phony scientist."

No effect - no surprise...

So for a few more laughs, check-out the introduction to this goofy piece of science fiction fluff:

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

—Arthur Schopenhauer

Scammers love this quote because the obvious conclusion must be, if their fraudulent MLM junk is ridiculed and opposed, it MUST be "truth". HA!

"IT IS THE YEAR 2041. This is me, Suzanne Somers, at ninety-four years old. I am healthy, my bones are strong, my brain is working better than ever. Sleep is sound and deep, usually eight or nine hours nightly. I wake up happy, excited, and
    active. Most mornings start with wonderful sex with my 105-year-old husband, Alan..."

Her brain ain't working too well in 2008; I doubt that she will have many brain cells left in 2041. And I am trying NOT to think about her and her 105 year old man having sex...

"And those nanotechnology (nondrug) patches I have been using for the last forty years have really helped. Any time I experienced pain or
    low energy or sleep problems or weight problems, or the need for detoxification (if I wanted to kill off the free radicals that are part of today’s toxic world), I put on one of the patches and the problems went away, with no need to turn to drugs."

Sheesh... She's gotta be ON drugs to believe all of this Lifewave baloney.

[This Message was Edited on 09/24/2008]
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Haven't had a chance to check out the link yet. Dr. Clark has certainly had her share of discreditors and I am very wary of some of her ideas. She isn't the only one who sells and believes in the zappers (or Rife Machines). As I mentioned, to me, it makes sense from a physics standpoint and it has performed practically for me. I have had to resort to ABX and AV's to drive my chronic, stealth infections into latency. I don't like taking drugs but probably couldn't have healed without them. I do like using other things to augment the drugs. The zapper and transfer factors seem safer and have been effective. I also believe in beefing up the immune system and probiotics and undenatured whey have really helped me.

Love, Mikie
  13. Elisa

Elisa Member

I don't think it's a hoax at all - but I believe in things like acupuncture and the body's electrical fields - and the positive and negative (i.e., EMFs) effects of such fields.

I have a degree in neuroscience and have studied and wrote my thesis on neurotransmisson. I leanrned that the body doesn't just signal with chemicals - but other forms of energy is used to communicate information.

This technology is nanotechnology - communicating information to the body (via patches) to - create energy or reduce pain or to increase melatonin/sleep or produce glutathione etc.

These patches are NOT transdermal - they are communicating information to the body to produce an effect.

For me, I need to try them to see if they work. Of course, I value all opinions and would love to hear if anyone has tried them yet.

Mikie - you are on the money - regarding frequencies - and the inventor of these patches may have expertise in this area. So sad so many inventors are ridiculed for their ideas because they aren't mainstream. I think we all miss a lot of vaulable help...

God Bless,

14. Elisa

Elisa Member

Thanks Jam388!!!!

What a great and hopeful piece you posted - a great message too - that inventions can come from anywhere no matter the background of the inventor or the chance of his/her success!

Thanks so much for posting this...

God Bless,

15. simonedb

simonedb Member

hey elisa
    i just had acupuncture yesterday! I believe in the body electric :) and people made fun of Einstein and Edison etc before they realised they were genius and right on.
    I am very open minded, and it'd be cool if it turned out to be true about lifewave, but what really turned me off was one of dr. haltawanger's ex clients saying he put her on like 7 hardcore drugs for mere depression and he didnt sound compassioniate or competent, that along with science- knowledgeable people pointing out the factual erros in their info and if its true that no group that isnt connected to the MLM or the marketer of the product has done research to show it works well thats a conflict of interest.

I am all for the underdog and new wild ideas, but there has to be people with integrity behind it and competence at more than MLM. but its possible that hoax site was all wrong about it and they are the scammers who the heck knows!.

It may be true that a lot of new ideas are ridiculed at first, but sometimes bad or erroneous ideas are ridiculed at first too as well they should be,so how are we going to discern which ones merit further consideration...based on what?

anyway its funny that i would be the one arguing this side as usually i am all for giving benefit of doubt with intriguing new ideas, but i have blown a lot of money over the years that i wouldnt mind having back too, maybe we should all come up with some bizarre tx or idea and market it to make some money to fund our health stuff. Hmmm, how about drinking your own urine is nutritious...oops, thats already been done, but maybe we could start a thread on a funny thing to market.
    But definitely keep this going I will keep my ears open for more info on it too.
    Also I am not a naysayer for the heck of it, but would like people to do their due diligence here all together so we can try to make sense out of it all. Rich basically said he can't vouch for it and can't figure out how it works, if he can't figure it out I think that might be a sign like the science knowledeable people at hoax site said that its not making sense because its nonsense.
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Loves just offshore on Sanibel Island, one short drive over the causeway from where I live. He's a local celebrity and much admired here.

Love, Mikie
  17. simonedb

simonedb Member

I don't mean to be a bioche y'all
    I really value a lot of the posts from the people in this thread so no offense intended. Just get into a no-nonsense place sometimes ya know, its one of those weeks.