Rich Van Konynenburg, question?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by frickly, Jun 25, 2009.

1. frickly

frickly New Member

I have read research suggesting that severe allergies and asthma can be contributed to a methylation cycle block. My twin sister has tried everything to ease her symptoms but is at a dead end.

Do you think your simplified protocol could help someone with severe allergies? Considering that she is my twin, and I obviously have this issue, then I wonder if her problems could be related to mine.

I think it was Amy Yasko that stated the following:

"When methylation is impaired it can lead to abnormally high levels of histamine. High levels of histamine are causative factors in allergic reactions. Optimal methylation function is needed to break down histamine so that it does not build up in the body".

2. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, frickly.

It's true that one of the two main pathways for breaking down histamine requires methylation. I have encountered at least one case in which there is a partial methylation cycle block, as shown by testing, and there is also elevated histamine, which produces a variety of symptoms. This person is just starting to treat the partial methylation cycle block, so I don't have results to report yet. But based on the biochemistry, I do think that treating the partial methylation cycle block can help to relieve allergies. Another aspect of this is that treating the partial methylation cycle block and the glutathione depletion should help to shift the immune response away from Th2, and that should also help to relieve allergies.

Best regards,