Rich Vank's Methylation Protocol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maps1, Feb 17, 2009.

1. maps1

maps1 Member

Could someone post where i can find a link to this information, have tried searching this site but still can't find it.

Much appreciated.

2. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

Here's a shortened form of the info which may help you, that Rich posted.

Here's the protocol for the methylation cycle treatment:

March 26, 2008

(Extracted from the full treatment program
    developed by Amy Yasko, Ph.D., N.D.
    which is used primarily in treating autism [1])

1. FolaPro [2]: ¼ tablet (200mcg) daily
    2. Intrinsi B12/folate [3]: ¼ tablet daily
    3. General Vitamin Neurological Health Formula [4]: start with ¼ tablet and work up dosage as tolerated to 2 tablets daily
    4. Phosphatidyl Serine Complex [5]: 1 softgel capsule daily
    5. Activated B12 Guard [6]: 1 sublingual lozenge daily

All these supplements can be obtained from, or all but the third one can be obtained from other sources.
    The first two supplement tablets are difficult to break into quarters. We recommend that you obtain (from any pharmacy) a good-quality pill splitter to assist with this process. They can, alternatively, be crushed into powders, which are then separated on a flat surface using a knife or single-edged razor blade, and the powders can be mixed together. They can be taken orally with water, with or without food.
    These supplements can make some patients sleepy, so in those cases they take them at bedtime. They can be taken at any time of day, with or without food.
    GO SLOWLY. As the methylation cycle block is lifted, toxins are released and processed by the body, and this can lead to an exacerbation of symptoms. IF THIS HAPPENS, try smaller doses, every other day. SLOWLY work up to the full dosages.
    Although this treatment approach consists only of nonprescription nutritional supplements, a few patients have reported adverse effects while on it. Therefore, it is necessary that patients be supervised by physicians while receiving this treatment.

[1] Yasko, Amy, and Gordon, Garry, The Puzzle of Autism, Matrix Development Publishing, Payson, AZ, 2006, p. 49.
    [2] FolaPro is a registered trademark of Metagenics, Inc.
    [3] Intrinsi B12/Folate is a registered trademark of Metagenics, Inc.
    [4] General Vitamin Neurological Health Formula is formulated and supplied by Holistic Health Consultants LLC.
    [5] Phosphatidyl Serine Complex is a product of Vitamin Discount Center.
    [6] Activated B12 Guard is a registered trademark of Perque LLC.

3. maps1

maps1 Member

the information, not feeling very smart never occurred to me to type in his user name.

Do have another question, i noticed that the supliments can be purchased at a holistic site so is this treatment something a naturapathic doctor could do. reason for asking is that i am seeing one and if she can include this in my treatment that would be great.

Thanks a lot, have saved the info.

4. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, maps.

Naturopaths are usually more receptive to this type of treatment than most conventional M.D.'s are, because the treatment philosophy of naturopaths is to work with the natural metabolism of the body and to support it, which is what this treatment does. Naturopaths are also more focused on root causes of chronic diseases, which is what this treatment is based upon. In order to have the hope of producing actual cures for chronic diseases, we must look for the root causes and try to correct them directly.

Conventional M.D.'s are trained in the drug treatment paradigm, which involves using substances that are foreign to the body, usually designed to block some part of the metabolism to compensate for a problem somewhere else. This approach can lessen or eliminate symptoms of chronic diseases, but it does not deal with root causes, nor does it usually bring cures. And the drugs, being foreign substances, usually produce side effects, which can often be serious.

I hasten to add that there are M.D.'s who have moved beyond their med school training and are using alternative or complementary approaches, and several of them are also using this treatment in their practices now.