Rich's Juice recipe - anyone trying ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deepak, Apr 14, 2012.

1. deepak

deepak Member

Was reading Rich Carsons experience with vegetable juice.

Was wondering if anyone is following his recipe given by Dr Figtree and if it is helping them.

2. ProHealth

ProHealth Member

For anyone who'd like to see the original post, it's located on this thread:

Juicing for Health -

Here is what he had to say:

1/1/07 10:22 PM My juice recipe

I make about 25 ounces of fresh vegetable juice every day, and I start in the morning with about 16 ounces of fresh juice. I pour the remaining juice into one or two additional glasses, cover tightly with foil or plastic wrap, and refrigerate to enjoy later in the day.

My recipe was given to me by Dr. Dale Figtree, a PhD nutritionist, and includes the following, mostly organic veggies:

Spinach Carrots Celery Beet Zucchini Apple Tomato Lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon) Chard Kale Cilantro Dandelion Garlic (a clove or two) Ginger

I also juice any other fruits or veggies that are getting past their prime (rather than let them go to waste). The vegetables towards the end of the list add a much stronger flavor and many people may not like their strong taste. Please check out Dr. Dale Figtree's DVD available on She recommended this recipe to me in 2003 and it has made a huge difference in my CFS.

By the way, I highly recommend an augur style juicer such as the Omega 8003 or 8005, or the Sampson 9001. High speed centrifugal juicers such as the Jack Lalanne machine are great for pulpy veggies like carrots, beets, and celery, but they do a terrible job at extracting juice from leafy greens.

I used the Sampson juicer for about two and a half years, but now use the Omega 8003 which I feel is superior. The Omega 8005 is exactly the same juicer but in a chrome finish.

Juicing is expensive and time consuming and I wish I could stop. But because it makes such a huge contribution to my health, I'm hooked. By the way, every one of my joint aches--many of which caused me pain for over 15 years, slowly disappeared. No more sore lower back, or sore kneesā€”and my ortho doc recommended surgery. Ha!

Juicing really works, but you must be patient. Give it time, and you will get results.

Good luck and happy juicing, Rich
  3. quanked

quanked Member

4. SherryTracy

SherryTracy Member

Hi i love juicing.
    For those of you that juice, try this out:

1 cucumber
    1 beet
    4-5 kale stalks
    1 orange
    1 lemon/lime
    1-2 carrots

Tastes great and is full of healthy vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.