RichVanK has died suddenly...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skeptik2, Sep 25, 2012.

1. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

Phoenix Rising has a notice from Diana VanKonyenburg that Rich died suddenly in his sleep last night of a massive heart attack.

Her grace and care prompted that we patients should be among the first to know, making her and Rich two of the most kind, helpful and compassionate people who believe in us.

My sincere condolences to all of you who have depended on him and his methylation protocols, and to his wife, Diana and his extended family and friends.

[This Message was Edited on 09/26/2012]
  2. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

3. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

This post is from Rich's wife. There is no easy way to say this, and this message is very difficult for me to write.

Rich died early this morning. It appears that he suffered a massive heart attack in his sleep. He did not have a history of heart disease, so this was sudden and quite unexpected. It doesn't seem possible to me that Rich is gone. I am at a loss to express how profoundly I will miss him (I already do!).

I am trying to figure out how to begin notifying everyone who will want to know. Please feel free to repost this message on any forum or group where people who interacted with Rich will want to know of his passing.

Diana Van Konynenburg
  4. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

I am as stunned as everyone else at the news that Rich Van Konynenburg has died suddenly.

Rich has been such a vital figure in the ME/CFS/FM and Autism communities. It is a huge loss for all of us. My heart goes out to his wife, family, and friends. It must be incredibly shocking to his wife, and it was more than kind for her to make the patient community a priority, by posting her message to us.

We here on the ProHealth boards are quite familiar with how generous Rich was with his time, knowledge, and his heart. He turly cared for our plight. I will cherish all the private converstations we had and how he helped me guide other patients in the Simplified Methylation Protocol, which has helped so many.

I am truly sorry to hear that he is gone. My condolences to his loved ones.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

By this news. Michele, thank you for posting this for our members. Rich was a kind and generous man. That everyone is so saddened and grieving is a measure of how beloved he is. He was always so patient in getting information to us and answering our questions. My heart goes out to everyone who is grieving, especially his wife, family and friends.

Love, Mikie
  6. elliespad

elliespad Member

And so sorry for your loss, Diana. What a great legacy he's left, one of giving, of his time and his talent. He's given hope (and direction) to so many of us. His contribution to CFIDS and Autism research is profound. We are all blessed to have been touched by his generous spirit.

In deepest sympathy,

7. lukro

lukro Member

This is a tremendous loss. He helped me immensely and answered all personal email messages. He was someone who was intelligent, gifted, and naturally kind.
  8. jole

jole Member

And all the people here who were so very close to him. He shared his knowledge with so many, and was a very special, caring person. As much of a shock as it is to all of us, I pray his family finds peace and comfort in the fact that he always put others first.
  9. munch1958

munch1958 Member

May happy memories of Rich carry us all through this sorrowful time. He helped so many of us. What a shocker today.

To his wife Diana,

My heart aches for you. I am so sorry for your loss.
  10. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I am stunned and so very saddened at this tragic news of Rich's passing.

My sincere sympathy to his wife, Diana and his family and friends.

The world has lost a wonderful, caring, intelligent man that helped so many.

I will pray for his family.
  11. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Rich gave so much to our CFS/ME community - he will be sorely missed by all of us!

My heart goes out to his family -

12. Even though I've only known Rich through this message board and through the indidvidual help he's given me over the past couple of months, I was truly stunned and my heart sank when I heard this. I feel like we've lost a very dear friend and one of our greatest advocates. What a selfless and caring man he was to so many.... He will be sorely missed.

My heart, along with my prayers, go out to his wife, Diana, family and friends. I am truly sorry for their loss of such a wonderful man... and I thank Diana for sharing her husband with all of us. Words can't express how much he blessed us all in the ME/CFS AND FM community.... thank you, Rich.... we miss you already.

13. deepak

deepak Member

Why do the good people go away soon :-((

Such a generous heart , such a giving soul ......

I cry as I write this -

Will pray for his soul and for his family.

Thank you many times over Rich for helping us all- such a vacuum.

14. harrysmom

harrysmom Member

Please accept my deepest sympathy on the passing of this very knowledgable and patient man. He gave so much of his time and expertise to people via the internet and in many other ways. It will not seem like the same site without him. Quite a shock to me and so very sad.

15. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

Rich was one of the very best, giving hope to may as well as his time and devotion to a great cause. He cared, and because he did many were able to share the knowledge that he so unselfishly gave. The heavens have opened and there is a new angel in their midst.

16. lbconstable

lbconstable New Member

Words cannot express...

I am profoundly grateful for his tireless work on behalf of our community. I knew the minute I read his first paper on the simplified treatment protocol that he had identified the root of my health issues. I am so impressed with his unrelenting research and his persistence at getting other professionals to take notice. He truly was one in a million.

May his memory be for a blessing...
  17. Goatwoman

Goatwoman Member

I'm so, so sorry. My condolences to Rich's family.

He helped so many people, and was a compassionate and brilliant man.

18. Nikki

Nikki Member

of this wonderful, giving man.

My condolences to his family and friends.
  19. joanierav

joanierav Member

i can hardly write this as im crying already. i loved the man and only knew him on this board. he helped me so much, as he did everyone who asked. how he found the time confounds me.

my deepest condolences go to his beloved wife and family.

first "halo's" death, and now this, its all too much to absorb.

rest in peace wonderful friend.

20. ILoveGreen

ILoveGreen New Member

I am so sorry for your loss.