RIGHT HAND TINGLING........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Apr 16, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I have had 2 anterior cervical fusions and also have lower back problems; lumbar spine, annular tear. A lot of stiffness and pain. This past week, I woke up and my right hand was tingling like when a part of your body goes to sleep, then wakes up. However, it did not stop until the next morning but seems ok now. Also, the day before when I was reaching for a towel, the middle part, sort of between my shoulder blades went numb for about 5 minutes. Has anyone experience this before and if not, do you think it's something to be concerned about?

Would appreciate any comments/feedback. Thanks to everyone!

BlueSky555
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Arm and hand. Exactly like you describe it.

I think it must be a trapped nerve as my face gets the same.

I am having test to rule out heart problem, but doc thinks it is nerve. i HOPE THIS HELPS. i WOULD GET IT CHECKED OUT.

Love ANNE c
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I had this in my left thumb and it took 3 months to heal, but I fell asleep on it; did not have numb back. Had to go to occupational theray for 3 months to get left hand moving again.
    Dr. thought it was stroke, etc. but wasn't.

Thank you for your input and take care,

BlueSky555
  4. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

the tingling in your 2 smallest fingers sound a lot like mine right before I had my last rotator cuff surgery... I would wake up after about 2 hours of sleep with my arm killing me and no feeling in my fingers until well after noon the following day....

do you sleep at night on your tummy with your hands either above your head or your head resting on the backs of your hands....(shoulders in an above the head position during the night) if so then the numb finger could be shoulder problem related.

if it is gradually getting worse you really need to see your doctor about it.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/16/2006]
  5. mykas_mommy

mykas_mommy New Member

Were you sleeping funny where your wrist was twisted because it could be carpal tunnel. I have had episodes with carpal tunnel that took forever it seemed to get my arm to quit tingling/hurting.

I would definately talk to your doctor about it. Or for a cheaper solution go to walmart and purchase a wrist brace and try sleeping in it for a few days and see if it helps.
  6. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

due to the surgeries I've had, I can only sleep on my side or back. However, neither is comfortable as I have been sleeping in my recliner most of the time. It is tingling again today so I suppose I'll have to see my Dr. More money, DUH!!!!

Thank you ALL for your responses,

BlueSky555
  7. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

have you tried b12 shots. Tingling hands and feet are a symptom of low b12. Doesn't mean you are low on b12, but I would at least try it to rule it out...
  8. kdeenak

kdeenak New Member

See my post: I think thoracic outlet syndrome causes my arm fatigue

My hand went numb/tingling/hurt and also my arm. It was scary and I told my husband who is a physical therapist. He examined me and thought I had thoracic outlet syndrome.

I also have arm fatigue and pain when I do things over my head.

Hugs,

Deena