Right sided flank pain??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, May 30, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I've had this pain on the right side of my side, above the hip, towards the back. It moves some from the upper right down towards the hip from the right back side, sort of where the kidney would be?

I am not sure, but the pain is uncomforable, and sometimes when I lay down on my back in the bed, the pain in the mid upper right section hurts more.

Is this something I should be concerned about? I don't know if it's trigger point pain, internal pain, bone pain, kidney?

Any experience, anyone?
  2. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Do you have any other symptoms with the pain? Is the pain aggravated by movement, or is it pretty constant? Any new symptom like this should definitely be evaluated by your physician, but, it sounds more muscular than anything else. Still, I'd get it checked out to be sure.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

It might be only muscular. It seem pretty constant, but like a knife pain, sort of.

Thanks!
  4. mykas_mommy

mykas_mommy New Member

I have had 5 kidney stones in 10 years so I am always thinking any pain in my sides has to be that. With that being said this is how I felt when I was getting "stoned". I could not pee but felt like I had to every 5 seconds. The pain was so intense at times I would throw up. No matter how I laid, sat, stood or what ever I could not get comfortable.

The other thing it could be is an infection like uti or kidney infection. As all know severe pain on the right side along with high fever could be appendix.

Now that you have said boy is this one crazy and have ruled everything else out then its probably a muscle spasm. If your symptoms last much more than a couple of days or get worse get on the phone to your doctor.

Try heating pad, hot shower, eat some bananas (low potasssium causes muscle cramps), drink lots of fluids to flush out any infection and your kidneys.

Thats all from Dr Angie lol. I am sure like the other poster that its muscle spasms but its better to be aimed with other info just in case. Hope it goes away soon!!!