right thigh goes numb

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sissy123, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

Another issue for me is when I stand for any length of time my right thigh goes completely numb. I cant even walk through wally world without it happening. I lose all the strength in it and have to cut any walking short. It sounds to me an awful lot of us have symptoms of MS. Does anyone else find this also?
  2. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

I get numbness in my thighs sometimes and it goes away if I change positions. I also have serious numbness/pain in my left leg due to a herniated disk in my lower back. Have you had your back checked for disk problems? Maybe when you walk, the pressure on your back squishes the disk and pushes it against the nerve going down to your leg.
  3. kellym

kellym New Member

I get the EXACT same thing-in the right thigh! No offense, but I am sooooo glad to hear that there is someone else out there who has this problem. I can only stand for about 10 minutes before the numbness hits. If I have to keep standing, it turns into pain. Shopping is such a big problem-they have to be very short trips.

My hubby thinks it might have something to do with our disks. Have you been in many car accidents?
  4. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

I broke my lumbar areas at one thru four and they never healed properly. I was hit by a ford truck going about fifty miles and hour, he left 198 feet of skid marks. But it was an accident. Poor guy was only 22 and had so many nightmares he lost his job. But I also have neck injuries... Thanks for answering, Love Sis