Ringing Ears-Need Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by VickyB, May 2, 2003.

1. VickyB

VickyB New Member

My ears buzz constantly and when I turn my head- the sound gets worse! Plus I have noticed when I am on the computer and punch on anything, the sound gets worse. What is this?? And what can I do to get rid of it?? Does any one have advice??
    Thanks, Vicky
  2. Dorothy45

Dorothy45 New Member

I have ringing in my ears and head sometimes too. My problem is not near as bad as yours. I wondered if this might be related to fm. When I first experienced it, I thought it was my sinuses. One time I got very dizzy at work, and disoriented. My husband took me to the emergency room. They told me it might be a middle ear infection. I went to a ear,nose, thraot doctor, and he ssaid my hearing was fine, and I might have meneiere's disease. That was about 9 years ago. I still get dizzy, ringing, disorentation, and can't hear well. What gets me is the doctor says my hearing was fine. I can't hear well! It will be interesting to see what replies you get on this.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Tinnitus is one of the symptoms relieved by the Klonopin.

Love, Mikie
  4. tansy

tansy New Member

Seems to happen in quite lot lot of people with CFS/FM. Most of us learn to live with it, you just ignore it.

Mind you I sometimes find myself not checking something out when I should have because I've assumed it was my tinnitus.

Some people who get this find white noise helps.

Cheers

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 05/02/2003]
  5. FibroNan

FibroNan New Member

I have had a ringing or high pitched humming in my ears for years now but it seems to have gotten worse over the past year. I can usually ignore it but it becomes much more noticable when it's quiet. I'm going to try and remember to ask my rheumy about it on Monday.
    Nancy
  6. jolly

jolly New Member

There was another post about this a couple of months ago.
    It was in Dec. I think when I realized that I had this sound in my ears that never went away..it sounds like crickets, or the sounds you hear when you're sitting outside. I love it! When I wake up in the morning and pay attention, it's very loud. Also when I meditate, it's loud. In fact, whenever I pay attention, it's loud, but it's very pleasant to me. Judging by the last set of posts on the subject, I would say that if you could change your perception of these sounds, you might find them pleasant. Perception is everything. Even if they're not something positive, (like mind control), we can change that. It's our mind and our perception. Anything can be changed to the positive. Jo Ellen