Ringing In Ears 24/7

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Jul 12, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Wondering if ringing in the ears is a fibro symptom, have ringing 24/7 so much worse at times.

It isn't meds, the ENT ignores it some mild hearing loss but normal for my age. No doc has an answer..

Have had the ringing for 7 yrs, makes my anxiety soooo much worse.

2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Ringing in ears(tinnitus), can be a lyme symptom.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/13/2010]
  3. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have heard this. I can not get a doctor to take me seriously for lyme. They Test and test of course all negative . I have been to three different doctors have had 5 lyme test I even ask for the western blot. Still negative and my symptoms aren't enough for a lyme dx. I am to see my rheumy today, a wasted trip but guess I will try to go.

I seem to be so sensitive to antibiotics if it is lyme other than antibiotics how in the world would you treat it?

Thanks for your info.
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

It is the same problem that most of us have encountered...Dr's not taking us seriously about lyme, relying on very unreliable tests and generally being very ignorant about chronic lyme.

Most of us have been through countless Dr's until finally getting a lyme diagnosis.

Have you been on lymenet.org's Medical Questions board?

Very helpful people there.

My best advice would be to stop wasting time, money and years of your life of these Dr's who will not help you and do what ever it takes to get to a Lyme literate MD.

lymenet.org also has a "Seeking a Doctor" board.

What do you mean by "sensitive to antibiotics"?

There are natural treatment methods also.
  5. greatgran

greatgran Member

I went there but I had trouble finding a doctor maybe I just didn't know how to navigate the page. I am not able to travel far but would love to go. I have thought about a Infectious Disease doc ..I never have a fever, joint pain etc so that is one reason the docs don't suspect lyme.

By sensitive I seem to have a reaction to every thing I take. Antibiotics make me so sick. Some the nausea and going to the bathroom, Biaxin was terrible I couldn't breath etc. Others make me feel poisoned. I was taking clindamycin three weeks ago and all of a sudden I thought I was dying sorta like the biaxan did. Then I have had the swelling of my face lips and hives. Honestly I am so scared of antibiotics .

I did check into a fibro fatigue center but a red flag went up when the money issue came about. Who can afford $500.00 a visit.

What are some natural treatments? I live in Galax VA the southwest part, near the NC line if you could help me in anyway locate a doc I sure would appreciate it.. Maybe I am missing something on the lymenet.org site..

6. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

It sometimes takes a little while to figure out the lymenet site.

I sent a private message to one of the people on lymenet who provides names of LLMD's, asking for Dr's in your area.

I cannot post Dr's names here, so when I get the info, I will need to be able to contact you somehow.

It is highly unlikely that an ID Dr would be able to help you. They rule out lyme with just a negative test, and they don't believe in chronic lyme.

I used to say the same thing...I had no joint pain, no rash, etc. At the time, I was not educated about lyme and chronic lyme....now I know that there are many symptoms and not everyone has the same ones.

As far as natural treatments...I have not done them, so cannot provide that info, but info can be found on the Lyme board here, under the sticky about Protocols.

Also, some people on lymenet find this Dr helpful....

He wrote a book, which you can find the name of on the left side of the page of his blog.

He is not in the east, but you can read about his ideas/theories.

Try going back to lymenet.org. You can read posts on the Medical Questions board.

If you sign up for free (click on flash discussion, then sign up), you can post questions.

You can click on the different boards: Medical Questions, General Support, Seeking a Doctor, Acitvism, etc.

Some people there use other natural methods of treatment and you can find the info by searching the site for "Natural treatment", " "herbal treatment", "rife", etc.

It is possible that you are allergic to some antibiotics...the ones where you had hives and swelling.

If there are other antibiotics where you felt terrible because you had a real increase in symptoms, you were probably herxing.

Good lyme symptom info in this booklet...

and here on pages 9-11...

7. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thank you so much.. I will be glad to post my email here if that is permitted..

Just got back from the rheumy,a wasted trip. I brought up the lyme to him and in a tone he said I did not have it.. test negative and no symptoms.. Oh, well what I expected..
    Now he is back on to the exercise/diet and time to myself.. He thinks depression.. back on that again. I told him heck yes I was depressed cause I got no answers.

So I walked away with an rx for Cherry Juice and Black Cohosh/ Ginsing.. Oh, well..
  8. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Just what you and I expected from your Rheumy,

Same story from hundreds of people on lymenet.

If you want to post you email address, go ahead and I will check the board frequently.

I will post a reply to you when I got it..I'll write it down...and then you can go in quickly and edit your message and remove it...if that is ok with you.
  9. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Just wanted to mention that the fact you're so sensitive to antibiotics (experiencing worsened symptoms on them) is highly suggestive of something infectious complicating your condition. The swelling and hives are of course symptoms of an allergic reaction, but if other antibiotics make your current symptoms worse, that is not an allergy.

It may be Lyme, it may be other infections, it may be something you even got from fleas for all you know...but if you experience what sounds like a Herxheimer reaction on any antibiotic, that means there is something there that it's trying to kill.

Ringing in the ears is something that actually gets worse for me when I'm on antibitoics, due to the bacteria quickly dying off; this is why this post caught my attention. I've watched your posts for about a year on this forum and you seem to really, really doubt that you have either just fibromyalgia or CFS. When you're that persistent with your gut instinct, you should follow it.

Olive leaf extract can be safely taken long term (I currently take about 1,000mg a day). Oregano oil can also be taken, but be careful because it's strong, and I do not recommend the liquid essential oils because they can quickly become toxic.

There are a ton of herbal things you can try to kill bacteria and other pathogens (and strengthen the immune system) while you try to find a doctor. Do not give up hope. =)
  10. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I got it...go ahead and delete it.
  11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

since I started the pressure in my head and all the pain. I have it most of the time and hear it more when I sometimes go to sleep. I never mentioned it to the docs as that is something minor. I have to many other bigger problems and symptoms. Just let me know if anyone finds a real cure for this pain in the neck symptoms.

Hugs to everydobby ,
  12. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thanks for your info.. The rheumy today put me on Cherry Juice and Black Colosh.. He even doubts my dx. Since I am med sensitive he is trying some herbs etc. Sure hope something works.

I did have a good day today, went to the rheumy then picked up the greatgrans and we went to wal-mart to get my Juice etc and ate at subway.. They are spending the night so I do hope I will be able to crawl tomorrow.

I ask the rheumy do I have fm/cfs he said oh thats a term we use when we aren't sure whats wrong. After that remark I shouldn't have gotten what he recommended .. Yes, I do doubt and I have a gut feeling I have some type of infection, which I mentioned to him but since all my labs are normal including my white count he says no..

So going to try the herbs that will kill bacteria etc.. Thanks so much for you relpy,

13. simonedb

simonedb Member

I did some research on the ear ringing cus i have had it more lately myself
    I noticed last year that when I took a larger dose of benadryl that I got it, at that time a larger dose for me might mean 5-10 mg
    This year I increased the dose more regularly to help with insomnia
    benadryl isn't on that list of meds although aspirin is (jam)
    thing is I suspect that I am different and perhaps meds not on the list can be ototoxic in me
  14. greatgran

greatgran Member

So glad you posted this.. Any antihistiamine makes my ear ringing worse. I tried zyrtex and it was bad . I can not take benadryl at all.. The walmart brand of dristian helps some but can't take the decongestant that starts with a p like what is in sudafed. I do think my ear ringing has a lot to do with my sinuses which I will never know what the problem is with them..

Thanks for the site,
  15. simonedb

simonedb Member

glad to be of help
    sigh, it just bums me out that antihistamines arent recognized to do that but yet they do in us
    terminally unique hahah
  16. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

i have rining in the ears 24/7....have had it for years! i do not have lymes....i have a fibro book that says it can happen with fm but i also have meniers desease....have you checked into that? i have to sleep with some kind of noise to drown out the ringing..