Ringing in left ear

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosed2, Aug 3, 2005.

1. rosed2

rosed2 New Member

is driving me crazy anyone have any suggestions?

Rosed
  2. nina2

nina2 New Member

I have ringing in both ears. I've had this for at least five years now.

Just another thing the doctors shrug their shoulders at. Sometimes it's barely noticeable and other times it's
    annoyingly loud.

It was listed as a symptom on one of the fibro websites some time ago.

I wish I could offer you a suggestion , but I have none.

I have learned to live with it.

So sorry that you have to deal with this, I know how aggravating it can be.
    nina
  3. rosed2

rosed2 New Member

maybe I am not crazy just visiting.
  4. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

It could be tinnitus...and back in the early days people were institutionilized (sp). I have it and have had for years from ear infections in college. One ENT doc put a tube in my ear (like kid's tubes) to try and alleviate it but no luck.

I have been sleeping with white noise/fan noise for about 20 years now to block the ringing. I would love to find a cure but as far as I know there is none. I suffer from a slight hearing loss from it over the years. I know my ringing is worse when no other noise is around. As long as I have the TV or radio on, I don't notice it...except now that I am thinking about it - I hear it. The white noise helps at night. Good Luck!
    Nancy
  5. nina2

nina2 New Member

Thanks Stormy!
  6. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I have ringing in my ears, but thankfully it only happens periodically.

It would drive me batty if it did that all the time.

My doctor says mine is because of TMJ. I also have ear aches sometimes but there is no infection.

I have a friend who has the ringing all the time. He said he thought he was going to go crazy before he finally adjusted. He said there was nothing the doctors could do to stop his ringing.
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

My ears have been ringing for as long as I can remember...in fact, I don't even hear it because it has always been a part of my life. My dad is the same way. Funny. I imagine if it just started all of a sudden, it would be very disconcerting, but now if mine left, I would be very scared. What? No background bell-choir?

Hope yours will be gone soon. Just seems odd that this would be seen as something new. Aren't we all unique individuals? So interesting to talk to people.

Sue
  8. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Hi Rosed2,
    I also have constant Tinnitus in both ears. If you take pain pills ,anything as simple as Aspirin,it will cause your ears to ring. It numbs the nerves in your ears and causes the ringing. When it numbs the nerves, that's how it eases the pain in your body. Now I have it all the time with or without pain pills,so that's not the only reason that you may have it. I had ear infection as a child and ever after I've had Tinnitus. Nothing Dr can do to help it.
    I also have food intolerances and when I eat any food that I shouldn't,it's 10 times worse. Most of us on the board uses one type or the other of pain meds.and I know mine is worse when I take them.
    Hugs Shirley
  9. rosed2

rosed2 New Member

fairy just another thing to deal with i guess.

Rosed