Rips on my Tongue

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by camcar88, Jul 23, 2012.

1. camcar88

camcar88 New Member

I have always had little rips all across the sides of my tongue. Its kind of like the ones you get when you eat a lot of sour candy. It doesn't hurt or bother me but it is strange and I'm wondering if it is something serious. Again on the sides of my tongue there are a bunch of rips, I've had it for as long as I can remember, it doesn't hurt at all, and I just want to know what it is. Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

ProHealth doesn't provide any doctors here. I'm just a regular poster and haven't heard about it. A suggestion would be that the next time you see a doctor, ask the doctor. Since you have always had it, it can probably wait until you see the doctor again.

You could also try researching it on the internet and see what comes up. Good luck.
  3. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Hi, I don't have rips per se' but I have what are like a bunch of little paper cuts, swollen taste buds and a burning tongue. I am checked regularly by my doctor to keep an eye on it. He feels it is my low natural killer cell count but there is also something called "Burning Mouth Syndrome." For that regular daily doses of Alpha Lipoic Acid can be helpful But if you have never had a doctor really look at your tongue, please do that! It's important to have a visual exam by a competent doctor. All the best to you. MicheleK
  4. mhepner

mhepner New Member

I, too get the raised taste buds, large white, hard sores, red camcorder type sours and the rips. They seem to come all at once, and most hurt, it's some sort of flee up, because my skin is also having weird issues. I had been getting red bumps that would turn hard, crack and turn into blood blisters, then get gross, but now I have severe flaking above my eyes and eyelids. Sometimes it's hard skin, not flakes, like cradle cap. When I brush it off, I bleed. Any ideas?
  5. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

I have no idea about your skin condition and do think if you haven't had those large white , hard sores checked out by your doctor, you should.

Do they come and go quickly like cankor sores do?

I know one thing, the tongue inflammed and taste buds swollent or the tissue tearing is so very painful. If I miss 2 days of my Alpha Lipoic Acid the burning starts.