Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Mar 20, 2010.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I'm so tired of this fatigue and weakness! I'm so weak today I can barely move - you all know how that feels.

I see my doc tomorrow. He said something last visit about trying Ritalin.

I really didnt want to go on more meds, but, if there is a way I can feel better- why wait?

I tried coffee - that didnt work.

2. kat211

kat211 New Member

It is working for me right now. I am on the generic b/c that is what my ins covers. Search for the post about 'asking dr for meds' and you can read more about how it has worked.

Good luck
  3. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I can no longer carry medical insurance - it costs too much so I'm paying on an as-I-go basis.

May I ask what percentage of improvement you have had with it? Do you feel like you have entered "the land of the living" again?

I'm laying in bed today looking outside. It is a beautiful spring day and I'm stuck here at home. Too tired or weak to do anything. I'm only 42! Much too young to be like this!
  4. kat211

kat211 New Member

I went overboard yesterday and moved furniture on my own and was just active all day. I hurt like no tomorrow when I went to sleep, but, even after waking up 2xs with the puppy, I feel good today. I have already done a load of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and I am making pancakes from scratch for my son. I am taking my time today because it is a Sunday and I can, but I plan on getting quite a bit done and still being able to stay awake long enough to watch a movie with my kiddo. I am thrilled with the generic ritalin.
  5. ulala

ulala New Member

is between Adderall and Ritalin?
  6. loto

loto Member

Hi I just started taking 10mg adderall this past Thursday and it is the BEST med I've found so far for my FM.
    I, like Kat did overdo it yesterday, weeding out and hoeing a flower bed, plus some house cleaning and was so sore last nite and today, but that's just because I can now do stuff I couldn't, and didn't feel like doing before.
    I also discovered I don't need to take as much vicodin, and also I haven't been suffering from IBS at all since starting the adderall.
    I just feel so great, and haven't even been in my usual depressed, tired mood.
    My insurance doesn't cover this med either, but to me, just having to pay 36 bucks a month is WELL worth it!
    I wish those of you the best of luck who are going to ask their doctors for this prescription. I told my doctor I read about posts on here, and that convinced him to allow me to try it.
    I'm going to send him a note tomorrow letting him know how great it's going for me.

7. kat211

kat211 New Member

I have fibro. The first couple of days I was on it I had terrible headaches, wasn't hungry and felt nausea. The third day is when things started going really well. I have also felt very dehydrated since I started taking it, and I drink a lot of water. The chapped lips are the hardest part for me because I always have chap stick or lipstick on since I can't stand my lips being naked.

I am taking 5 mg 2xs per day right now. I take the first b/w 6:30 and 7 am and the 2nd between noon and 1. I am very impressed with it right now, especially considering I have been waking up 3-6xs per night with the puppy.

I got the prescription from my fibro dr. She is an internist. She is wonderful!
  8. aftermath

aftermath New Member

Stimulants only worked for a few weeks in my case. I soon developed a tolerance and they no longer worked.

Be very careful with rebound!