RLS? or FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amy24co, Aug 19, 2006.

1. amy24co

amy24co New Member

Hi all, have a question and was hoping you all could help? My roommate seems to be suffering from serious leg aches as well as swollen muscles areas on her leg. One is below her knee, the other on her thigh. She hasnt been diagnosed with FM or restless leg but I cant help wondering if this isnt FM? I was diagnosed with FM a year ago and have had many nights of retlessness. She has crohns disease also.......dont know if this is at all related or not. she's constantly achy and tired and even irritable......what do you all make of this? You can feel spots on her legs that feel a little swollen and are very tender to the touch. Can you all give me some input? I'd appreciate any advice.....
    sincerely, Amy
  2. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

I have both FM & RLS. Basically, FM pain is usually not limited to the legs, it is all over the body and often moves around. RLS causes legs to continually move while sleeping, as if a person were walking or running.

It is difficult to guess what it could be. In my humble opinion, she should see a doctor as soon as possible. I also think she is lucky to have someone who cares enough about her to ask for help!

Good luck,
    Kat