RLS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daquayom, Dec 30, 2005.

1. daquayom

daquayom New Member

Does anyone deal with RLS on a daily basis with relief of some type?! My RLS is Awful and the Mirapex I have been taking for the last 3 months is no longer working. This drives me nuts and I am up most the night!
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

and when I visited a neurologist, he really upped my dosage. How much do you take? I take .5 mg at 1:00 p.m. and a full mg. at 9:00 p.m. Without that dosage, I'd go crazy in the afternoon, when I'm sitting and teaching piano. And forget sleeping at night...I remember nights like you're having and they were no fun! There is also a new med for RLS called Requip...sometimes you need to change meds for relief. Good luck and hope you get some sleep! Terri
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

5. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

Creepy Crawley, Itch you can't scratch! DRIVES ME INSANE!!!I to am taking miraprex 4 0.5 mg and is not working I get it at least 3 times a week! My husband can't understand why I can't just ignore it and relax! It's impossible! I just start to fall asleep and WHAM I have to get up and can't sit still! Want to cut my legs off I even get it in my arms sometimes! I think sometimes being in pain is better!
  6. tansy

tansy New Member

and I have been free from this problem for many years now.

There are specific deficiencies that can contribute to RLS, I had the four most common ones - ferrtin (iron), folate (folic acid), magnesium, and B6. Tests for red blood cell levels of ferritin, folate and Mg showed I was markedly deficicient. The same doctor identified and Dx my gluten intolerance, gluten intolerance can cause some of these deficiencies and trigger neurological symptoms.

I was given an easy to tolerate iron supp for one month and continue taking the other supps.

Whilst these might not be the answer for everyone, IMHO it's worth checking them out. The Tx are cheaper and safer than most meds.

Tansy