**ROAD TRIP == UPDATE, We Got Jobs Here & ANYONE Can Come Along!!**

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by S-Elaine, Apr 6, 2012.

1. S-Elaine

S-Elaine Member

Hi All,

I’ve been away from the Message Board for quite some time because ……. I’ve been sick.

Anyway, I’m headed out for a ROAD TRIP.

Doesn’t matter if I’m not feeling “fantastic”, the bus has been set to ----- “Auto Pilot & some fancy smancy high tech GPS driving device, which responds to anyone’s voice”!

…….. All of that is courtesy from ……. JEROME.

I’m headed WEST and SOUTH. At the moment I am on the UPPER RIGHT COAST, so anyone who wants to come along ------ join in.

Sure hope all on the Road Trip BUS PASSENGERS “behave” the best they can and doesn’t cause too much trouble.

Hope we leave Towns & States INTACT. I recall a “rowdy” bunch back in The Day & we should avoid ARRESTS and any PHOTOS of us splashed across the front of those TABLOIDS.

Well, and I cannot control what happens either!!!!!! (I’ll do my best though.)

Look out for a ……. BLACK & ORANGE ……… 3 D Bus! That is the one I’m on. Let me know if you want to be picked up or take over the GPS controls. Jump in if you are a …….. willing participant.

Remember when we go on ROAD TRIPS ……. No Worries & we magically do not struggle with any of our Medical Conditions. Food, Beverages & anything you need is provided. Fun is where ever we find it or when ever it happens.

GRANNIE ======= If you are reading this, please, please, please verify I’m a law abiding citizen and never gets into too trouble!

****** A NOTICE OUT TO BUDMICKL ======== If you are around ……. I need to get to the “Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame” for the INDUCTION CEREMONY that is taking place THIS MONTH. {I’m wondering if they could possibly pull off a CIVIL meeting of just accepting an award & there are no incidents!}

I have 500 FREE tickets. So we have the whole FRONT ROW SECTIONS for those who want them.

……. After that, I’d like to travel around a bit.

OK, back to trying to pay attention to this GPS system so I can at least give it the Driving Instructions for now.

Anyone who wants to hop aboard ……… keep your eyes peeled for a ……. BLACK & ORANGE …… 3 D BUS. (You get those 3D Glasses when you board the BUS!)

I’m going to eat some of the buffet food & relax.

Be careful everyone …… the scenery seems to JUMP out at you because of the 3D Glasses!!!!

==== Elaine

[This Message was Edited on 04/06/2012]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/26/2012]
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Elaine,

I will vouch for you and your good behavior :)!! I will be there but might have to pop in and out of your bus for a time to take care of my visitors that will be coming on Easter day for lunch and then the Next Tuesday when my daughter #2 and family will be coming in for a few days till Sat.

Sorry, I have been bad and busy and haven'thad the chance to relay your nice long message to the Porch peeps. Was trying to wait till it is not the end of the Porch volume as well as a weekend so more could see it. So, haven't got there yet.

Hey, when are we leaving? My company will be here till next Saturday and then on Monday we take a winetrail trip in the TX Hill country - very pretty area with, with a few other couples.

Sounds like you are feeling much better sweetie ! BTW did you see the couple of posts from 1Sweetie?? It was so great to see and hear from her again. Bye for now. Lots to do !!!!
  3. Granniluvsu

Elaine - Don't get discouraged on waiting for peeps to sign up for the road trip. I am sure may are getting ready for the Easter and or Passover, etc. holidays. Hopefully more will pop in later. Also for one reason or another things are not as busy here at the Porch since you've gone. There is quite a list - maybe not feeling well, or just plain busy, who knows.

Hopefully there will be more coming after the weekend and holida. This is also a couple of weeks I will be either just busy with daughter #2 or getting ready to go on our 4 day trip.

Julie is even worse than I with being busy. Haven't seen SPRING in a few days either. Missinsg dear Rock too but he was on ere a few days ago, I think it was, GEORGIA got back from a atrip not to long ago and opened up the Porch's new volume.. Hope to heaer more from all of them soon. Nice to see GAIL the other day. Missing TEACHER too. LINDA and CARLA have been gone for awhile too and I miss them all.. Everyone just busy busy with their own lifes and ups and downs.

It was great that 1sweetie has come back for a visit. Hope some of them can make it for the trip !!!

Gotta run and get ready to go to church this evening. Lots of warmup and then some snacks and then more singing and then the Vigil Mass that will last forever or so it seems. That is when they bring new people into the church. There will be lots of pretty music.

Bye for now. Hope to see yo on the Porch too even if I will not have a lot of time to post the next few weeks.

It sure has been a long time since any of us took one of your trips or had one of your parties :)!! Sure do miss them.

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sorry you've been so sick. My prayers are with you. It's good to see you post.

Love, Mikie
  5. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

So we've both been away from the board for a long time. I haven't been to a Porch party or trip in a very long time. I would love to go since the rules for these events are so lenient. Hope you will be coming through N.C. I'll pack my PJ's.

It's good to hear from you again.
  6. S-Elaine

S-Elaine Member

OK, first I need to start my post with saying ………

= I am NOT responsible for some of the little mis-haps! (Sort of hoping nobody noticed!!)

MIKIE ====== Thanks for the Well wishes. I am still sick, but I guess I’ve accepted it and become used to it. So, I’ve adjusted. I do the best I can. The medication for my stomach / intestines does work ….. the DRAW Back is …. it makes me very tired. I’m playing around with it a bit now and will see my Doctor in 2 weeks if the Fatigue is still intense. We will address that next. At least I finally found help because it was worse when I couldn’t go to the bathroom. Today I did force myself to do 1 of my walking videos for exercise. I miss it so much and hope I can start it up again. I’m “inching” along!! How are you??? Hope all is well!

SWEETIE ===== Looks like I picked you up in your PJ’s and JEROME put all of your luggage on the Bus. I use to live in NC, so I got there really fast. You were ……. brushing your Teeth when I grabbed you from your house!

Not to fear …… I left a note for your Family Members.

……. Although, they must have gotten CONFUSED when reading my NOTE because they thought I ------ KID NAPPED you & called on my cell # and offered to pay $50 Million Dollars to RETURN you IMMEDIATELY. They told me they would send the “National Guard” if need be.

Shesh …….. glad I got that straightened out & you were able to tell them ….. you were out with FRIENDS!

I know you haven’t been feeling too well so I am sure it is impossible for you to cause a ruckus.

WAIT a MINUTE ……… where the heck did you get that Hot Tub / Jacuzzi from and how did you hitch it to the back of the BUS???

Suppose it is OK and we do need 1. The warm water soothes any achy muscles.

Enjoy it and I see JEROME is already serving FANCY finger foods and Drinks.

GRANNIE ========= Ummmmmmmm, when you said you wanted to come on our little trip, I’m sorry that I took your whole entire HOUSE & everyone inside of it.

It is just that when I got to your Location, it was very late at night & dark. I figured its best for me to not wake you up and simply PUT YOUR HOUSE ON WHEELS & HITCHED it to the Bus.

Well, for any Visitors you have they can either stay with us or all take a ROCKET SHIP home.

**** Remember, the ROCKET SHIPS fold up like a TOOTH PICK ……… so be careful anyone over there by the box of them near the BAR Area.

……….. Hm, Oooooooooopsie – Daisy! (I need to put a SIGN on those darn things!)

JULIE ========= I am so, so, sooooooooooooooo terribly sorry. I had no idea at all that you were going to use one of the TOOTH PICKS to try and attempt to eat some cheese from that PLATTER.

Oh, BOY, that was a very, very close call.

Luckily, I was able to ……… Dis-Alarm the ROCKET SHIP by hitting the “PARACHUTTE” button & you did land rather safely on top of the BUS.

……. Sure hope you don’t suffer from any type of “whip lash”!

It is better to be SAFE, then sorry ……….. so I hope you don’t mind I’ve hired 20 very attractive men to assist you if you need anything. At least for a few days, then we can send them on their way.

OK, seems like SWEETIE, GRANNIE, JULIE & MIKIE was here.

I’m going to ……. mingle around a bit & catch up with everyone.

Please, please, please …… let’s try and stay out of trouble!

I’ll lay low for a day or so.

== Elaine
  7. S-Elaine

S-Elaine Member

FREIDA / Leah ======= So glad you made it.

It is also a good thing you told us what you were wearing because you never know what is going to happen. That is just the way these ROAD TRIPS go.

THE ONLY RULES WE HAVE ========== are …… there are NO Rules!

OH, and when you landed on top of the Bus ……. Sorry you got a tad bit wet …… or should I say drenched.

It was NOT MY idea, not at all. We were having a little “Water Balloon” fight!

Didn’t you see us hiding on the opposite sides of the bus????????

Then, if I recall the events correctly it was GRANNIE ……. Who decided we should DANCE & JEROME gave us Grass Skirts so we were doing a “Hoola Dance” ……. And then the Water Balloons went FLYING all over the place.

SWEETIE ======== Came up with the idea of loading them into a machine & shooting them into the SKY.

We didn’t know you would be arriving at that exact time.

Glad you are here with us & tossed on a Grass Skirt as soon as you landed. Very nice to meet you!!

Hm, I’m not sure where our next destination is. Anyone have ideas???

OH, and YES we can cause a wee bit trouble!! Just please don't SPREAD the word around.

Pssssssssssssst -------- WE ARE OFFICIALLY MAKING AN ANNOUNCEMENT ~~~~~ Those aboard & those who join in on the bus may cause a bit of a ruckus here and there. Nothing too wild though.

=== Elaine
  8. S-Elaine

S-Elaine Member

I agree, warm weather would be a nice break.

So, I typed some directions into our GPS Gadget & you won’t believe what happened.

----- Our BUS turned into a BOAT.
    ----- It appeared to be such a Luxurious one too.
    ----- Need to be a bit careful with this GPS device because I thought we were going to end up in a SUBMARINE!

----- I’m not 100% sure where we are, but we are on a wonderful Island with sun, tropical flowers & all the food we could possibly ask for.

Not to worry if you only packed PJ’s or didn’t pack clothes at all.

JEROME did all of that for us & we have anything we want to wear.

JULIE ======= Sure we can send some of the guys to your house to take care of the Landscaping!

Every now and then I do check in on my computer to see if I have any Customers.

Then -------- With a BLINK of the EYES, I’m back on the beach & soaking up some sun. Maybe I’ll get a little tan.

I’ll check back in on the GROUP over the weekend. I hope we don’t find ourselves in some kind of SNA-FOO.

==== Elaine
  9. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I want to come & have fun too--my jobs can live without me for awhile.

My bag is packed please come to Idaho and get me.
  10. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

i have't been on any kind of a road since my hubby first became ill. There are so many things that I want to see too!

ELAINE: I am glad that you are feeling better and are ready to take us all in.m

May I bring Maggie, my cat. I don't have anyone to leave her with. My friends are all dog people--------so are my kids and grandkids so________.

I use a walker so I will try my best to not be in anyone's way!

I'll see you whenever you come by!!!!!

11. S-Elaine

S-Elaine Member

Hi all,

There was a reason WHY we have been delayed!!!!

After enjoying the Tropical Sun and environment for several days, we decided to head to our next destination & pick up more passengers.

As SWEETIE, FREIDA / Leah & JULIE were all boarding the Bus that transformed into the Luxurious Yacht ……. they mistakenly stepped on a “Sand Trap” and our Yacht, along with all of the Chairs and Beach Blankets the rest of us were sitting on ~~~~~ (Me, GRANNIE & JULIE’s attractive men) ~~~~~~~ all went flying down under surface into the BEACH SAND!

At first we were frightened, not knowing what the heck to expect. Wondering how will we get out of this??????

JEROME ========== Luckily he is along with us & quickly lit all of the Torches so we would have light, buried his way through the sand & built us an underground City.

An Underground City along with a Shopping Center.

Once we saw that, off goes GRANNIE, JULIE, SWEETIE & FREIDA to do some FREE Shopping.

I raced over to the Coffee House / Café to log on to their computer to check and see if anyone else wanted to join us.

BEADLADY & LILACLOVER ========== For the past several days I have been trying to send both of you messages except we do not have proper Internet Connection.

So I decided to try and send you Secretly Coded & Encrypted Telephonic messages, but I don’t know if you got them or were able to decipher them.

It took us a few days before we were able to get above ground & I quickly wrote messages to both of you, put them into BOTTLES & tossed them into the Sea!!!

Again, within a BLINK OF THE EYES, we were at both of your houses.

It was night time ~~~~~ so we snuck into each house & without wanting to disturb either of you because you were in bed sleeping, we pulled off one of those ~~~~~ MISSION IMPOSSIBLE Stunts & DANGLED from ropes, quietly wrapping them around each of your beds & used a HELICOPTER to hoist both of you out of your houses.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH ------- JEROME was nice enough to lift the roofs off of your houses & we left the “Attractive Men” behind in charge of making sure the roofs were put back on.

While both of you were sleeping ------- we used your pillows and had pillow fights.

Then it was someone’s idea to use GLITTER GLUE and quietly try to paint little “mustaches” on both of you.

We thought it was funny!

So, when you both wake up please don’t be startled =========== you have glitter glue mustaches & feathers all stuck to you from the rest of the glue we mistakenly spilled!!!

LILACLOVER ======== Not to fear, we brought Maggie. She’s safe & sound. Of course we have your Walker and JEROME “snazzy-ed it up a bit” with all fancy buttons & FEATURES.

BEADLADY ====== We left workers behind to take care of your jobs for as long as you are out on the road with us.

By the way, if anyone is wondering where we are headed ------- we need to get to Graceland. Hopefully, we will be there shortly.

When we were in a convenient store, I saw on a TABLOID, Graceland might be closing down because there aren’t enough visitors. Off to Memphis, Tennessee.

So we are going to Elvis Presley’s house for a few days, hoping to get more people to stop by.

Hmmmmm, I am just wondering --------- how can we do that????

Ladies, ladies, uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh LADIES!

No, I do NOT think it is a good idea for us to put on Elvis Presley’s Beautifully Preserved Stage Performance Outfits & have a Party on top of his house!!!!

Wait ------- Oh Boy ……………….. I see it is a little too late for that. Everyone already has an Outfit on.

………. Clearly, I should not even bother saying “No” because nobody seems to ever listen.

OK, I better get to the entrance of the Gate here at Graceland. I can see crowds are forming outside & it looks like business is picking up already.

Quick, EVERYONE ................ let’s pretend we are Workers here and see if we can some how BEHAVE while all of the Tourists are passing through Graceland.

MAGGIE ================= Yes, you can keep your White Studded Elvis Presley Jumpsuit on along with that CAPE. Wouldn’t imagine trying to take it off of you!

== Elaine
  12. Granniluvsu

Glad to see you back here and even picked up my house including my guest. Sorry they had to take the rocket shop home. DGS had to go back to school as did DSIL had to go back to work.

Gee Graceland sure was fun !! So what is next Elaine, any ideas??

Joan - So glad you are coming with Maggie too. She looks so cute in her Elvis garb :)!!

Also glad that Julie, Leah and beadlady are coming with us.

Hey Frieda or is it LEAH - Somehow the name Frito Lay comes to mind. Did that have anything to do with your name and do you like Fritos :)! Hope you are doing well.

I did some trimming of dead trees and bushes today with DH. Hope I donpt feel it all later. The weather, however, has been beautiful especially in the mornings, even low humidity.

Sorry I have to pop off for now for a bit and will come bavck later on.

Love to awl,
  13. S-Elaine

S-Elaine Member

Hi all,

I can’t believe how much business has picked up here at Graceland since we have been working here as Employees!

Wow, business is booming. Millions and Millions of dollars are rolling in all because of US simply working here.

OK, these are the jobs we decided on & we are having so much fun. Maybe too much fun. Something is bound to happen because you never know with us.

ELAINE ==== Meeter / Greeter at the Front Gate & in charge of signing the Tourists up for their Specialized Tours of Graceland.

GRANNIE ======= Musical Player, Piano Player & Singer.

JULIE ======= Designer & Engineer / Operator of all of the Manikins we created and placed all throughout Graceland. Each manikin looks exactly like a REAL person and they act, walk, talk and perform anything and everything JULIE needs them to do.

LILACLOVER ======== Driver of the Trolley Trains who take the Tourists on their elaborate Tours all throughout Graceland.

FREIDA ======== She goes on the Tours & is the lovely VOICE you hear over the loud speaker explaining the history of Graceland and everything the Tourists are viewing.

SWEETIE ======= Operates the Fancy Smancy Deluxe Food & Beverage Cart that serves all of the Passengers. You should see this machine. It can cook up anything with the press of just 1 button.

BEADLADY ====== Manages and operates the Gift Shop. She must have a background in Sales and Marketing because each Tourist leaves Graceland spending $50,000 in the Gift Shop!! I wonder what she is selling????

MAGGIE ======== She plays the Harp right outside the Front Gate and also Directs the Orchestra Players. It is to “calm” the Tourists because since we have been working here business has picked up and we are working as fast as we can.

OK, need to get back to the Front Gate because the crowd is forming again and getting a bit unruly at the moment.

They are ANXIOUS to have their Tours start. I’ll stop in again & let you know how we are doing!

== Elaine