Road tripping?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat211, Jul 10, 2010.

1. kat211

kat211 New Member

I am considering taking a road trip in the next couple of weeks. Does anyone have any experience with taking a road trip with fibro? I absolutely must get away from here for a while and I need to do it before I go to mediation on my house, b/c after I hopefully won't be able to. I also want to go before my classes get harder.

I will be the driver. We won't be working on any kind of time line. It will just be whatever we want when we want it. I plan on doing a combination of camping and hotel/motels to try and keep costs down, although we will be staying with family for some parts. I will also be carrying a couple of coolers to make sure we have access to clean water and the foods that are on our diet.

I'm also going to be in school during the road trip so I am going to have to take multiple breaks at wifi spots across the country so I can get my homework in. I'm trying to get as much done as possible before I leave, but you know how it is with the fog.

2. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

Take your pillows that you are comfortable with.
    It's been years since i've had a Road Trip / vacation but i do remember hotel/motel pillows do not compare to pillows that you may be needing.

Enjoy your Road trip
    Be safe, rest as you need too.
  3. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

to stop every couple hours and stretch. i know sitting for a long time makes me really Hurt. it's been years ago,but took a long trip and didnt get out of the car for about 6 hours!!

when i did i could hardly move, and my ankles and feet were swollen :(

and as Butterfly said, take your comfy Pillow and even your fav blanket!dont forget a heating pad also. have a safe road trip( jealous!!!) :) looks like no vacation for me this year:(

4. sascha

sascha Member

i agree- pillows are first item. you need all comforts with you possible.

also, camp chair? so you can sit comfortably in scenic places. preferably one with a cup holder!

i like neck cushion along with pillow- and blanket even- a light blanket. books- helps to escape into a good story at times.

and audio books for the trip!!

sounds like you have the food and water part covered. i take teas i like, too. nice to stop along the way, get hot water, and have your favorite tea in the car.

bon voyage! have fun- take care- Sascha