Robaxin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tinaeve, Sep 23, 2006.

1. tinaeve

tinaeve New Member

Has anyone heard of or used Robaxin? I found it on a pack pain website.Says "it combines a muscle relaxant with a pain relieving ingredient". I have lots of back pain,even after 2 lower back surgeries. Can't make it through a Super Walmart without sitting down before I can finish my shopping. Am thinking of asking my doc if I can try this.I take Oxycontin 40 mg every 12 hours,but it never lasts 12 hours! I am interested in anyone's input on this Robaxin stuff. Thanks
  2. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I was rx'd Robaxin for shoulder pain. I later found out that it was Tendonitis.

I had good results with Robaxin. It helped me for awhile. I also experienced no fatigue at all. It is one of the better muscle relaxants in my book.

Hugs,
    Stephanie
  3. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

It doesn't really do a lot for pain for me per say, I mainly take it at night to offset the tramadol and relax me some. It doesn't make you groggy at all and that was one reason why I was prescribed it because I wanted something I could function on.
  4. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

because I couldn't take flexeril on Tramadol and Lexapro, supposed to raise the chances of a seizure?(I think that was the problem.)

Anyway sometimes when i take it it works pretty good and I dont feel tired and sometimes I feel tired after I take it, I haven't pinned down yet if maybe it's makeing me tired because of something else I am taking.

I don't take the muscle relaxer very often so I'm not sure?

5. tinaeve

tinaeve New Member

I think I will see if my Dr. will at least let me try it.I have taken 10 mg of Flexeril for 3 yrs now and think it has just stopped working for me.