Rochester, NY DR?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by allie124, Feb 26, 2003.

1. allie124

allie124 New Member

Does anyone have a doctor to recommend in the Rochester, NY area? I got a name form a support group here and was told that even though she isn't accepting new patients, she will accept someone with FM. The line is always busy. Took 3 days to finally get through. And, no, they will not accept ANY new patients. I've only lived here 1 1/2 years, and since I don't work, I don't know many people. I'm hoping someone will see this who can help. Thanks!
  2. dscoma

dscoma New Member

Have you tried Dr. David Bell? He is one of the foremost CFS experts and is in Lyndonville, NY, which is just north of Medina. I live near Buffalo and I just started seeing him. You won't find anyone who knows more about CFS or is more helpful with disability ins, etc.

Dr Bell's phone # 585-765-2060
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm just trying to offer info on Drs in the Syracuse area. When I was looking in the yellow pages for that area....I came across a couple Rheumatologists in the syracuse area.(they listed FM/Cf as being one of their specialties). You may have to travel a bit~ I found one in Oneida,which is a half hr from me.(not too bad)But this dr. is'nt ideal either.Not many are but she seems stuck on treating me only with the basic antidepressants/pain meds.
    its so hard to find a decent caring Dr.! Good luck!!
    Regards,
    Tracey
  4. allie124

allie124 New Member

I appreciate the input. My insurance has 2 Dr David Bells listed. I'll have to check with them on their addresses/phone numbers to see if they match the one mentioned. And hey if I have to drive an hour and a half to get to the doctor, I'll be pretty wiped out when I get there. That could be a good thing in pleading my case, right! Thanks again!!!
  5. ritepoetry

ritepoetry New Member

My Rheumatologist is located in Orchard Park, NY. He was a blessing! My late Husband found him for me when we had lost all hope of ever finding a Doctor that specialized in treating Fibromyalgia. His name is Dr. Joseph M. Grisanti - (716) 675-2500. His brother Michael shares the same practice. However they're soooo busy I'm not sure if they're accepting new patients, but you must try if you cannot find anyone closer to your home. please let me know what happens!

Sandi
  6. stargazer7272003

stargazer7272003 New Member

Hi! New to group suffering from fibro, cfs, mcs, and leaky gut syndrome. Is there a local support meeting around the Rochester area? I live in Avon.

Berta~~