Rock Again

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosiebud, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

hope you dont mind, I took it on myself to start a new post for the book club and 'transported' your suggestion over to it. I know Ken was going to start a new post but he's not well.

The other one was far too long with only our suggestions at the end.

[This Message was Edited on 08/17/2007]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I hope Ken bounces back pretty soon. The board is more interesting when he's around.

What's up w/ you? What does your son play? And how are the carming kitty cats?

3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

my son Rene (actually the old Scottish name Rennie, but he changed the spelling as we have 'Rennies' indigestion tablets here) - he plays, guitar, keyboards, drums. He's a brilliant guitarist Rock, though I say so myself, composes too and his music sounds like film scores until he puts the horrid, heavy metal voice over them.

He's self taught, works in a housing association office but is first and foremost a musician.

He went to Oslo, Norway in April to audition for one of the biggest black metal bands in the world, but didn't get it, I didn't think he would, doesn't have the stage presence these guys have.

My kitties Hamish (middle name Alexander - you can tell how boring my life is) and Silkie (Antoinette) are fine, he's running around mad as he cant get out today, I'm going out.

I'm off uptown for a wee while with Rene's ex, Erin, we'll have lunch and go to a couple of shops then I'll come home and collapse, but it will be well worth it.

What do you do all day when Gordon is working Rock? Do you get bored being home all day??

My husband Tom, stopped work to take care of me and it works well but he really does get on my nerves sometimes, 24/7 is a hard shift. I shouldnt complain though, he's good to me, my handsome toy

I'm blethering should never have asked how I was.

Oh forgot, I'm off to see Forty Second Street on Sept 8th and booked up for The Nutcracker in Feb - all things being well that is, fingers crossed.

[This Message was Edited on 08/17/2007]
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I love 42 street! Great songs. Shuffle off to Buffalo and Lullaby of Broadway. Decades ago I sang the latter for an audition and played the part of a forest ranger in Little Mary Sunshine.

This nearly made theatre history as I can't sing or dance. But it was a lot of fun.

I saw the touring broadway show a couple decades ago. Live theater is so much more exiting than a movie. I saw Oliver, Hello Dolly, Man of La Mancha and Camelot on stage. The movies were pretty tame by comparison.

Of course Hollywood is always hiring big name stars who can't sing. That's part of the problem.

your husband sounds like a wonderful man. But even wonderful people can get on our nerves when there's no break now and then.

No, I'm not bored when Gordon is at work. For one thing I almost never sleep at night, so I nap during the day. I always said when people discussed retirement, I'll never be bored as long as I can read and listen to music. (And it would help if the computer would work better so I could play bridge.)

Of course when I looked ahead to retirement I never expected to be this disabled and lacking in energy and money.

I wish good things for your son. Does he like film music? Ask him if he's listened to film music by Erich Woflgang Korngold. One of the greats from the 30 and 40s. The opening of the 1940s film King's Row sounds exactly like Star Wars.

Hope your theaterical experiences are fun.