Rock and Ken et al.....42 nd Street

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosiebud, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Went to Glasgow to see Forty Second Street yesterday - wasnt sure I'd make it, but have to buy the tickets months in advance -

It was absolutely brilliant, loved every minute and would see it again. The last musical I saw was Chicago and though it was good, I was glad to see the end of it.

These little troopers danced and sang their hearts out for us and it was a matinee so they had it all to do again last night, which was the final night in Glasgow. I'd definitely go see this again, may be a few years before it comes back here. The costumes, the sets, everthing and everyone - excellent!!

Mountains in Scotland - my husband used to do quite a lot of mountains but getting needs more gentle ones. He dragged me up a couple of Munros before I got sick, always the hard way - we were going up the way others were coming down .... never been to Skye though Ken. Did you not get bitten to bits by the midgies. He has climbed in Glencoe area though.....beautiful.

[This Message was Edited on 09/09/2007]
  2. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

I live in Houston,TX, but my husband has always wanted to go to Scotland to play golf and because that is where his familyis originally from Scotland. Would love to see Scotland also.

Hope you have a good day today healthwise. Glad you enjoyed the musical! Probably did you a world of good.

3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Very glad you enjoyed the show! Maybe if I improve and it comes to Albuquerque, we'll be able to catch it too!

Didn't get swarmed by the midgies on Skye, luckily. Where are the Munros?
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

That's great that you had a good time. I love musicals. Always feel like singing and dancing when I leave the theatre. Too bad I can't do either.

Had you seen the movie? Musicals on stage are so much more exciting than the movie; generally anyway.

When I was in school I used to usher for the traveling Broadway shows. When something great was in town, like Hello Dolly, I'd go see it 2 or 3 times.

In a period of about a year and a half, I saw Dolly w/ Mary Martin, Carol Channing and Betty Grable. They were all wonderful.

I feel like singing Shuffle off to Buffalo. Would if I knew the tricky lyrics.

5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

yes Scotland is the home of golf Mimi, a beautiful country but lots of rain though we're having an Indian summer now, thank goodness, our summer was non-existant.

Ken - a Munro is the name given to any mountain in Scotland over 3,000 feet - people count how many 'Munros' they've 'bagged'. I dont know how many there are but there's a lot.

Rock - I couldn't sleep on Saturday night (dont sleep well anyway) as the show tunes kept going round in my head - would love to see Hello Dolly. To see Mary Martin, Betty Grable and Carol Channing, I loved Carol Channing, what an experience.

[This Message was Edited on 09/10/2007]