Rock et al

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosiebud, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm popping in more often now, things have settled down over here except for our weather of course, 1 week of beautiful sunshine and back to rain. Well, I suppose one week of sun in a summer is better than none.

I'm going to rejoin the bookclub but have so many books to catch up on from the library - most of which don't seeem to be any good so I'll skim through them. If I can get August book from our library I'll read it.

Having to tighten the purse strings here as we are in the grip of the big energy companies who have already raised their prices by 12% then 30% and an 80% rise is coming up. How can they justify this? We are not going to be able to heat our houses this winter and bath sharing will once again become a necessity (just kidding, I hope)!!

I've been feeling a lot better since I stopped the opiate painkillers I was taking - I now only take 1/2 at night, I didn't realise they were actually keeping me in bed but seems like they were. I take less strong painkillers through the day.

Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humour Rock but then, why would you??

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Glad to see you're back and feeling some better. Hope you soon feel even better.

No, I haven't lost my sense of humor. Just my hair. Haha I got a big shock last week. Looked in the mirror and my hairline was about two inches higher than I remembered.

Guess I haven't been paying attention. Well, at my age appearance doesn't matter. Now if I were in the entertainment business it would be a different story.

How come Julie Andrews, who is 5 years older than I, looks 35 years younger? I have been a big fan of Julie's for almost half a century.

Please come and post on the book club threads. We only have a few members now. you can post on what you read, or what you started and didn't like, or whatever. No need to post on the book of the month.

Which reminds me, I was going to the thrift shop to get some paperbacks this afternoon, but I forgot. Need something suitable for reading in the bathtub. Well, shucks! Now it's rush hour traffic time. The Los Angeles Times says we have rush-hour traffic here 7 and a half hours a day!

One of the many reasons why I hate living in LA.

Well, I hope you feel well enough to post more often again. We all miss you like crazy when you're gone.

Hugs and Kisses

3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

So glad to see you popping in and also to hear that you're doing so much better. Yes, I think, if possible it is a good thing to get off the really strong drugs (if you can stand it- like you have been doing). Then you are more alert and at least have alittle bit more energy to do something,even if it is not a whole lot.

I got a heavy duty prescription and never tried whole tab. Once in awhile I took 1/2 but didn't really like doing that especially with havaing to drive and all. I just take some meds at night to sleep for the most part.

Keep it up and hope to see you up on the Porch again when you feel up to it , and have the time.

Blessings and hugs,