Rock Scottish Indian Summer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosiebud, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

yes, we have Indian Summers in Scotland Rock, of course the term has been borrowed from your lovely land, I believe.

Well, we call a few nice sunny days in September an 'Indian Summer - we kid ourselves on, especially when, like this year we don't have a summer at all.

You don't really have a winter in California do you?

2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Depends on where in CA you live.

I live on the extreme northern coast and we don't have the cold but we have lots of rain. We don't have much of a summer here, like you.

During WWII, pilots were trained to fly in London fog just 10 miles from my was the climate that was most like London.

So, not all CA is southern.

We are under a thick layer of fog today and will be for most of the week...temperatures not to exceed low 60's. That's the way it is here.

Anyway, just a voice from the great state of CA.

[This Message was Edited on 08/06/2007]
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sue is right. California is so big we have lots of different terrain and weather. California is almost 800 miles long. I think it is bigger than any European country except France.

Here in the south the temp is usually in the high 60s w/ warmer temps now and then. At night it seldom goes below 53 degrees.

Do you use Celius in Scotland? If so I'll let you do the translating.

All our rain comes during the winter. Not much tho. About 15 inches. Half of what we got in Minnesota.

When I first visited California in my 20s, that was the first question I asked a native. "How warm is it here in the winter?"

The "native" was surly and unhelpful. "I dunno." That was my first clue that communication in Calif. was going to be hampered by language and other problems.