Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jasminetee, Apr 13, 2009.

1. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Thanks for your reply in my thread about my parents. For some reason I suddenly have no Reply Buttons in here but I can still start Threads. Isn't that weird? I emailed Prohealth about it.

I'm sorry to hear about your family. I agree with everything you said. You're so right, according to most of my family I am the one with the problem, always have been. Yup. That's me.

Sigh. I know she'll never change. But she hasn't been doing this all along; making me feel badly about my situation is new. But she was a rageaholic with violent tendencies when I was a kid.

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I have the same problem w/ the reply button. Sometimes it shows up right after I sign in. And
    sometimes it takes a long time.

Gordon showed me something that works most of the time. After you sign in and are on the message board,
    do a search for pro health message board. When the list of sites comes up, click on one. Then hit the green
    arrow to go back.

Usually this will somehow coax the elusive reply button to show up.

(Doesn't seem very sensible does it?)

I am 68 now. I went through life being too nice and worrying about other people. Working overtime
    w/o pay. Being nice to my wretched parents. When I was young I thought people only said, "I was
    a fool" in movies, but I really was a fool. Took me decades to catch on.

I hope you don't let your mom make you miserable. Our DDs make us miserable enough.

Think I'll go lie down, listen to some music and do a crossword.

ETA, just read another thread. It has no reply buttons! Well, ya know how
    it is. Somedays it don't pay to get outta bed and otherdays everything is
    lau-zay as zee French zay.

[This Message was Edited on 04/13/2009]
  3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

What you suggested didn't work for me but what did work was clicking on the button above. Then Click Fibromyalgia, then click Message Boards. For some reason that makes the buttons show up.

There must be something wrong in the formatting on this board.

4. rockgor

It worked!
    How'd you figure that out?

5. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

My IT hubby figured it out. :)

6. rockgor

Isn't that what the English like about 4pm? High tea?

Just posted on another thread. Then when I got here had to use your hubby's technique to get a
    reply button here.

How old is hubby? He might be surprised at a list of things that weren't around when I was a kid.
    Including computers, of course.

Ball point pens, dome lights, turn signals and automatic transmission in cars; silly putty; cake mixes,
    detergents, frozen dinners, TV, long-playing records, stereo sound, washers and dryers, self-
    defrosting refrigerators, frisbees, theme parks, soda in cans, Scrabble, Saran wrap, etc. (I am 68.)

7. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

That's an amazing list! wow! I didn't realize all those things were so recently developed. My hubby turns 39 this month.

I appreciate your advice about not being a total pushover. I've been giving what you wrote a lot of thought. I think it takes some of us decades to learn to stand up to people and feel good about it. I had a dream the other night that I stood up to a bunch of people and it felt really good. They also left the party I was at, in a huff, but that was fine with me ;) Mission accomplished. Then I proceeded to go on and have fun at the party with the people who were still there. I had to really tell those people off too. It was totally out of character for me.

Do you have CFS or FMS Rock? I'm curious as to how they came about for you if you do.

[This Message was Edited on 04/21/2009]