Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kholmes, Jun 3, 2008.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Can I just have a license to steal your jokes, wit, and witticisms, share them with other people, and not attribute them to you? lol

They are priceless, as in your last book club post.

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Thanks you for your kind remarks. If you were here I'd give you a big (non-gay) hug.

Yes, you can borrow, adapt, quote, etc. None of it is copyrighted; it is my gift to the world. Haha!

Actually, a lot of my humor is just modifying an old joke. And I'm usually quoting somebody or something myself. Oh, you can see an example of that on the bumper sticker thread.

Have to go see if I can put I've a Dog on hold.

Here's an old riddle my nephew back in LeRoy, MN, told me.

"I got a potato clock."

That was the answer to what question.

I think maybe I posted this 2-3 years ago.

Ha et bra

3. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I will take one too!!! LOL Just don't let Gordon know.

You are one of the funniest, charming guys on the cyberspace. You should feel proud!!!!!

4. rockgor

and Jean. Big cyber hugs to you both.

The answer to the riddle is: What time did you get up this morning.?

I got up at 4 AM myself. Am trying to take a nap so I can go to my Emotions Anonymous Meeting tonight. All the 12 step meetings got evicted from the hospital, so we have a new time and place.

I saw something several years ago. Think some wires were plugged into a lemon and somehow this produced enough electricity to make a propeller spin.

Seems to me you'd need a positive lemon and a etc.

5. rockgor

Don't really know why the 12 steppers were evicted. The groups were paying rent to use rooms in the evening that weren't in use anyway.

The youngest and newest member of the administrative staff was selected for the unpleasant job of politely telling us we'd have to vamoose. He mumbled something about insurance and remodeling. Probably the real cause is that some new administrator thought something should be done in the way of change.

Anyway, due to my limited energy and sleep problems, I missed the historic last meeting at the old place and first meeting at the new place (public library). But I've been to at least a thousand meeting over the last twenty-some years, so no big deal.

I will bring up your suggestion for an anonymous time and place at the next meeting.

EA has meetings in several countries. Yes, even in far off Ontario. (Well, far off from here.)

Annie's pretty funny, allright. An Alpine Horn is the size of an alligator, tho perhaps not so heavy. You'd need three people to carry it and another three to take turns blowing.

Have you thought of visiting the porch?

All for the nonce