Rocket docket for social security. I'm hopeful again.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Jun 4, 2006.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

My pain management doc filled out a form for me from my lawyer. My lawyer told me he probably wouldn't do it because he almost never does. I went home and cried when he filled it out for me. I waited for a good time to ask. He was called out during our consultation and came back 20 minutes later very apologetic. Thought I'd jump on that and asked him to fill out the form. I offered to wash his car if he did. To my amazement, he said yes!!! (not to the car washing - to the form)

My lawyer says that as soon as I get the other form back from my GP that he would get me on the "rocket docket" for July and August and he sees no problems. I'd do the happy dance if I could. Apparently, what he calls the rocket docket is where a lawyer takes cases to a judge that he is 98% sure will be approved. He shows the forms to the judge and normally they are approved. I can't believe it. I've been waiting for almost three years and I was at the end of my rope.
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    Iv'e been where you are and i know it seems to take forever!!...................the good news is the one form my doc filled out for me was one of the most important pieces of paperwork!..................and yes it went through for me finally in 2003! thank goodness!.....................goodluck to you hopefully it won't be to much longer !..............sisland
  3. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Doesn't it seem funny after filling out all those forms that one little paper from a doc could make all the difference?