Rockgor - A Personal Puzzle

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosiebud, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I have had this tune and a few words going round in my head for weeks now - it is, I think, a 40s, 50s song

The opening word are - 'AT LAST' - they are lengthy like Aaaaaaat Laaaaaaaast -

then, I think, - 'our love affair' or 'my love affair has gone' 'you left me all alone'

though I am only sure of the first two words, 'At Last'

does this ring a bell at all because it's driving me mad. I'm asking you Rock because of your music knowledge and your age - the few people I see are all younger and don't have a clue.

Many thanks. I hope you and Gordon are well.

[This Message was Edited on 09/02/2008]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I read your post.

Not familiar w/ this song. But there is a song called "At Last" on youtube sung by some jazz singers: Ella Fitzgerald and Etta James.

They have the kind of voices I hate and Gordon loves.

"At last, my love has come along. My lonely days are over."

I like lots of kinds of music: country, folk, opera, pop from the past, Americana, Celtic, choral, hymns, yodeling...

But don't like jazz, soul, or that terrible new stuff kids listen to.

Have you already tried putting in the lyrics and searching the net?

Well, hope the Youtube song is the one you're looking for.

3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

that's the song.......I don't like Ella Fitzgerald.

Thanks so much, I didnt even think of putting it on you tube because I wasn't sure that At Last was even the title.

I now have to go put it off as Ella is doing my head in. Etta is better...... I only like the chorus

much love
  4. rockgor

I have been amazed at what I've found on Youtube. I put up Crusader Rabbit a couple days ago, and they had it. It was an early Jay Ward cartoon from the 1950s.

Ward went on to produce Rocky and Bullwinkle and many other cartoons. Used to be a large purple statue of Bullwinkle on Sunset Blvd. Maybe it's still there.

Isn't it funny how different people like different stuff. Many people thought Ella was the greatest; I can't stand her style of singing.

I love Joan Sutherland. A lotta people would say she's just screaming.

Youtube has lots of bagpipers and Celtic music. Something for everydobby.

5. rockgor

Feel free to jump right in.

Had we only known, we would have asked you first.

Have never seen American Idol, but I saw some clips on Youtube. Cute little girl who could yodel, e.g.

6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I've just started using Youtube. It has so much!!

I noticed on Youtube that Christine Aguilera does this song but she's such a SHOUTER - I've decided I like the song but not the singers.

Have never understood why people like jazz, it grates on me.

7. rockgor

Just got off Youtube. Yes, it does seem to have almost everything one can think of.

I've watched opera singers from the past and present, animals, Laurel and Hardy, cartoons, bagpipers, The Clancy Bros., medical programs, the Pink Panther movie clips, high school bands, tours of the Old West, tap dancers, scenes from musicals, etc.

The only problem is about half the videos don't play or freeze up part way through.

Like most old people I don't like new singers, new music, etc. I bought some opera CDs of live performances today. All from the 1970s.

All for now

8. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I've found all of Bon Jovi's stuff, and new songs and music i didn't even know he had. The older he gets the better he gets.

Also found a song i like by Eagles, Desparado.

Sorry for crashing!

9. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

yes I've been amazed at some of the old music I've found on Youtube and if you put in an artiste's name they come up with loads of stuff you've forgotten.