Rockgor I'd really like to join the book club, but

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tabt, Aug 9, 2007.

1. tabt

tabt New Member

I haven't got a clue as to how this is done. (Maybe I skipped over some parts of the rule book because I also didn't know anything about not exchanging e-mails or the other things you mentioned in your reply to my post.)

Please either tell me how to join or tell me where I can go to look up the rules for myself.

Re: Thomas Mann and the paragraph vs. pages complaint.
    Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before from one of my long time book buddies who is Austrian and had read the books in the original German. For years he insisted that the only reason I could tolerate Mann was because the English translation had been condensed and made more accessible. Finally, I forced him to read a few paragraph/pages from my collection. He then sighed and admitted that the English version was intact and, of course, just as unbearable as the German one.

2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

All you have to is want to join, which you do, so you are a member, congratulations!!

This months book is "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver. If you want to read it, you can or start next month. We haven't selected a book for next month yet.

Each month Ken posts a thread asking for suggested books and we all vote. Then we read the book. At the end of the month Ken poses questions for discussion and we answer which ever ones we want or make any comments we want.

It's fun! Just look for the posts and join in!!!
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Well, I wrote you a lovely message, punched the wrong button, and it all vanished. Mon Dieu!

Anyway, Dar aka Mollystwin is absolutely right. If you want to be a member, you are a member.

Some time ago someone asked if it was necessary to read the book of the month. Nope. I've been waiting for several weeks for the libary to come up w/ the Kingsolver book.

But if it doesnt, machts nicht. I read a couple other Kingsolver books. Or I could discuss Harry Potter which I am reading.

As for the rules of the board, if you haven't read them yet, you can find them in the upper right hand corner.

So welcome aboard.