rockgor.... I've got a new pic and it only took 2 tries

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mindbender, Mar 27, 2007.

1. mindbender

mindbender New Member

Yes, he was in the advertising biz. I didn't post all that info.

OK, the new picture is on. I'm probably only going to leave it up a couple of days.

I've got a photograph of me I'm going to put up so you guys know who you're talking to.

First I have to learn how to get it out of the camera. I was told to shake it three times and ask it please and the pictures will all come out single file.
    Is that right?

Cross words are hot right now. I couldn't even find one today.

[This Message was Edited on 03/27/2007]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Cool picture. You are one talented guy. Nice handling of the diaphanous texture.

Now all you need is a provocative title like September Morn or The Barefoot Contessa. Wait. A little voice tells me those have been used.

How 'bout girl w/ arms up but not during a hold up? No....that might be a little long. Girl w/ arms up but feet on the ground, She's the one you're glad you found. She's you Shapoopi!

I once walked across the Meredith Wilson footbridge in Mason City, Iowa.

I have never actually posted a picture, but your basic understanding of the procedure sounds right to me. Is it the camera you shake three times, or the lamp w/ the genie in it?

I look forward to seeing your picture. We'll figure out a title for it too.

Ha det bra

3. mindbender

mindbender New Member

You can’t see it rock but she’s actually tossing a gianormas beach ball.
    That required 2 photographers. The one down stairs of the beach house and the one upstairs.

That’s a whole new picture as I could not fit it on this simple, meager drawing.

I once saw Iowa on a map while going under an underpass on the way to a hold up.

I say we call it “girl with”. Or, “girl drawn with gossamer tones”.

I was successful uploading my new photo, so I feel sorry for some of you.

4. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

Great drawing Danny boy :} Seriously it is. I can't wait to see her expression...

Injun Andy
  5. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I hope that her expression has already be transcended, If not I’m going to get kicked off this site.

Then I’ll have to go next door and use their computer.

6. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

that case...a little more curve in the hip area will really help her expression, lol. I wish that I could do something artistic. Boo a hoo...

Tell me my man, what frame of mind do you get into when you paint or sketch? Do you lose awareness of your true surroundings? Do you see with a(your) mind's eye? Do you chew peyote buttons when you sketch? Dim witted minds want to know.

7. rockgor

You knock them pics outta your camera yet?

Hi, Elaine. Of course Forest Gump is a work of art, but nothing compares to Mary Poppins.

By the way, did you read the sequel? I think it's better than the first book. Winston Groom. Which name is funnier? The author's or the character's?
  8. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Just had a happy meal at Mickey D's and have a little doll that is the Wicked Witch of the East! Oz is right up there with my favs, too!

Dan - if you drew the pic in there now you really ARE talented. But it doesn't look much like a girl!!

Stop and smell the puppies!
  9. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I just switched it again. I just haven't posted about it.

It didn't look to me that Rockgor was on yesterday, so I went on about other things.

10. mindbender

mindbender New Member

Hey, this is a picture of me. Are you saying you'ld rather see the girl?

[This Message was Edited on 03/30/2007]
  11. dononagin

dononagin New Member

You are such a talented guy.. but I gotta admit, as much as I love seeing your drawings, it's nice to see the artist! I like having a face to go with the name!!
  12. rockgor

What a talented guy your are, Danola. You can draw a pic, operate a modern camera and fix a garage door. I, on the other hand, can't do any of that stuff. Thank goodness I've kept my stunning looks.

Can't make out your tattoo too well. I have one in the same place.

"On my arm?"

No, not on your arm. On my arm. I got it when I turned 50. I suddenly realized that death was just around the corner. Well, maybe two weeks, maybe 20 years, but anyway, not too far off. No longer just an abstraction.

So I felt I should do something wild and crazy. Since I couldn't afford a trip around the world I got a tattoo. It didn't hurt so I got some more and some piercings.

My boss didn't like the ring in my ear, but I did. Made me feel like a pirate. Anyway he couldn't fire me. I trained him.

Well, I have to get ready to go to my Emotions Anonymous meeting. May be some traffic problems as there is a wildfire in the Hollywood Hills and the Dodgers (very close to me) are playing tonignt. Los Angeles is really too big and too crowded for human habitation. More suitable as a large anthill.

13. mindbender

mindbender New Member

dononagin, rockgor, s-elaine

Thank you all, I think you’re hilarious.
    Rock, The tattoo guy got it all wrong. I still like it though.

I guess if you don’t use one of their models then their going to get it wrong.
    I could have drawn it off for him but I figured he had to be an artist at his job.
    I mostly wanted to cover up a homemade tattoo.
    I should have left it and put this one some where else.

The original tattoo was like a prison tattoo. The guy used a sewing needle and wadded some thread around the tip and dipped into some ink.
    We were just sitting around partying. I’d like to do tattoos but I don’t like touching people.

Anyway I’ll switch it back to the girl shortly. I want to finish it, but I might put it back on in progression.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I hope none of you are suffering much with this DD.

14. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I saw your profile and you don't have a picture up.

That's how you're going to have to get it to me.

Can you do it? Are you able to get an image on your profile?