Rockgor, kholmes, Carla, Mindbender, porchies and so many others

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Callum, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Callum

Callum New Member

I think I'm going to disappear from the message board for a while. So much energy and thought put into posts that disappear, disappointment from exciting exchange of ideas crashing through a hot-button reaction... It just seems to have gotten worse lately. It probably hasn't. It probably is just getting to ME Lately. I have truly valued each and every one of you, and you have given me much support in the past few months. And also entertained me. I hope I've given some in return.

I wish you all health, joy - and I hope, if I decide to ever use the respond or post buttons again in the future, that I find you all here.

2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Not you too!!!!!!

Nancy B
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Enjoyed your company and your contributions. Maybe someday I'll get to Chicago again and see you in something.

All the best to you and Gary.

Ha det bra (have it good)

4. Catseye

Catseye Member

The immaturity you are speaking of is just people being deficient in neurotransmitters and not feeling good! They can't help it! That's pretty standard in cfs and fibro.

I also suspect some people are lying about their age and they're under 18; they'd have to be to make some of the ignorant, pointless statements I've been seeing.

But all the more reason to stay! It's like watching a two-year-old sticking their tongue out at you. Marvel at their boldness of what they believe! How constitutional! Everybody has to learn to get along and act decent. You can teach it by showing it.

Many people don't have the boldness to disagree and criticize unless they have this kind of anonimity. Because then they could be grilled and their arguments shot down in flames.

Don't leave! This is healthy for all concerned! The intelligent people will get it and will be able to extract what's important. If all the intelligence leaves, who will be helped?

5. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

You will be missed very much. I look forward to your return. I enjoyed your visits to The Porch and your other posts also.

Take care and gentle hugs. Hope to see you on the board again soon.

6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Why not reconsider? I'd sure hate to see you go. I've greatly enjoyed and valued your posts about your life, your acting, and your insights on books and movies, not to mention on living a life of dignity with this illness...

Who else is going to put as much thought into the Oscar voting thread I'm going to post next month?

In fact, Callum, why not start a film club on here? Each month, we could all watch the same film on DVD. I'll bet the discussions would involve the richness and depth that you're looking for.

You could just take a short break from the board and come back in a couple of weeks. But if you decide to go for longer, I wish you health and joy as well.

Break a leg.

[This Message was Edited on 01/21/2007]
  7. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I've been gone a couple days, and this is the first post i see when i get back!

Guess i missed something, but i have really enjoyed having you on here.
    Hope you will reconsider after a few days, off.

I know you are a caring person, and likeable, wether or not i have the exact same belief as you or not.

Keep searching and asking questions, and acting,
    you are loved with an everlasting love.

8. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I have read many of your posts and I think you have a wonderful insight and intelligence about you. I enjoy your posts. The film club that Ken mentioned sounds very enjoyable. If you have to take time off, I hope we will see you back soon. I do notice that many people here try to be considerate of others. All in all, it is a great place to chat and I have received a lot of support here. Take good care of yourself. Kim :)
  9. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I hate to see you go. You are one of our brighter bulbs!
    Hope to see you back again, sometimes a little break does wonders. hugs and best wishes.. dona
  10. bct

bct Active Member

Although I have't contributed, I have enjoyed your posts very much.

I personally have found them to be therapeutic.
    Thank you.

Best wishes,
  11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Oh NO. Are you sure your posts are disappearing. If prohealth remove them they ALWAYS let you know by email. Often, the boards just move fast and we lose what we posted.

Have you tried typing your name into search to see if your posts are still there?

I have felt like this in the past, but have pulled round after a break of a few days, so please see how you feel.

Love Annie Cromwell
  12. mrdad

mrdad New Member

You can't go 'cause you're our "ear to the ground" in the
    Windy City! How we gonna know if'in the Bears Win the
    the World Series Feb. 4th or what's in Al Capone's Safe?

You're our Northern radar station. Who's gonna let us
    Know when Canadian Grandmothers are coming across the
    border to get trunkloads of "black market" American cigs
    to take back and sell?

Anyway, re-think and backspace as we are ALL gonna miss
    you too much! "K"?

JOE aka MRDAD
    and (Sargent Preston & wonder dog King)[This Message was Edited on 01/22/2007]
  13. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi Callum,

Not sure how much you remember me or not since I am not here daily, but I always enjoy your posts/responses! I understand where you are coming from and hope you will come back soon. Your great wit and sensitivity always come through in your posts. I'll really miss that if you're gone too long.

Hope to see you sooner rather than later...

Be well,

14. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Darn it, Callum, you're one of my favorites and I'll miss you. Every post I ever read from you was intelligent, kind and well-thought out.

I don't suppose you'll read this but just in case you do, do know that I will be in Michigan wishing you great success wherever you go and whatever you do. And, again, missing you.